Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - How to obtain an update from Destinator?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

How to obtain an update from Destinator?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: How to obtain an update from Destinator? Reply with quote

I purchased a software only version of Destinator from GPS Warehouse about 6 months ago and the version I received was an early one which didnt know about roundabouts (1.7.0 I believe) with very early maps. I contacted Destinator support who fobbed me off saying I had the latest version. I knew a later version was available and downloaded from a newsgroup the UK version 1.7.2a and the version 3.4(?) maps which now handle 'circles' but I can't get Destinator to acknowledge or send me an official update.

Has anyone else had problems with Destinator support or indeed managed to get an update out of them?

Regards

Dave
DestinatorUSA
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: How to obtain an update from Destinator? Reply with quote

Hello, I would like to inform you there is a new software update version 2.0. As far as the upgrade if you purchased and registered your product and is less tha one year old you should be entitled to an upgrade. There is one upgrade allowed during the first year at no charge. If you find it to be necessary you can purchase the new version from my site at www.pocketpcnavigations.com/storefront2.htm

As for the support you are getting I can't make any comment on that. I know for my customers I try to go the extra mile in providing good support.

Regards,

Robert

Portable navigation for the future!

http://www.destinatorusa.com
rickybez
Occasional Visitor

You will problably no by now, 2.0.6 is now available and will problably solve your problems (I hope)
davidmparkes
Occasional Visitor

I recently purchased a Kanegear GPS Receiver with an IPAQ 3950, Destinator V1.8.2. was the software supplied with my KIT.

There was a sever problem with the update times and the GPS signal kept throwing me two or three roads away from were I was. I wrote to Destinator by email, and today received Version 2.0.0.6, which incidentally is perfect when used with an Ipaq 3950, I can only assume, the earlier version was incompatible with INTEL PXA250 Chip!

The other thing I was not happy about, was when I purchased this KIT, costing 900 pounds, version 2.0.0.6 was already on the market, so why did I not receive it in the first place, instead of an out of date version!

Anyway, Destinator, have replaced my new version F.O.C.

Dave

Dave
Frequent Visitor

Destinator 1.8 preferred to use SiRF rather than NMEA, but version 2 is much better with the NMEA protocol, which I suspect is probably what your GPS Receiver is setup for.

The reason why you didn't receive v2, is Kane adds a lot of extra features to the product, and these features until last week were not available in version 2. If you use any of the Kane features, and you've installed Destinator 2, you'll probably lose these features. Kane are now offering a free version 2 upgrade from the KaneGear.com website.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Destinator All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: