Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Bike parking bays in London
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Bike parking bays in London

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mrclaypole
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:13 pm    Post subject: Bike parking bays in London Reply with quote

Hi,

Just want to thank all of the active members of the forum! Really useful stuff for a beginner. For info I have purchased two mounts for the Quest; Garmins own and a RAM mount. Forget Garmins very flimsy product unless weight is a consideration - Ram Mount is just great for the motorbike round London.

This brings me onto my question. Has anyone found a clever way to get the bike parking bays of London onto their Quest? I find that I get taken directly to my destination but then get lost trying to park. Having bike bays set as My LOcations would really help.

Alternative is to ride round and records each one I find by Hand. An eventful weekend ahead!

Cheers
Skippy
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a good map of motorcycle parking in the London CC zone here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/london/congestion/bike_park.html

and a website with lots of other information here:

http://www.motorcycleparking.com/frames_index.htm

I'd like to see a seperate list of waypoints for the Secure parking and on street parking. The on street parking isn't that hard to find, but waypoints for secure parking would be of great interest to me.

You could create waypoints using Mapsource and upload them into your GPS. It would create a lot of points though and it might be a bit tedious. Not as bad as riding around London in the snow though. 8O

If you do decide to go head and create waypoints then PM me and I will help out if you want. Also, please consider submitting the waypoints to PocketGPSWorld for inclusion in the "Points Of Interest" section of the website.
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done one of the secure parking (mainly ground anchors provided) in the CC Zone. I'm just trying to think of a decent bitmap design. (Any ideas, anyone?) You'll be able to download it from by clicking the www button at the bottom of my posts "when it's ready". There's one I couldn't map, that one being on Bath Street, allegedly. Anyone got the coordinates?
Mrclaypole
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:48 pm    Post subject: Bike bays Reply with quote

Thanks for the info
I will see how tough creating the waypoints is in Mapsource and get back to you guys.

Cheers
Neil
Skippy
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might also want to look at loading the parking map into OziExplorer or Fugawi, calibrating it and then marking the waypoints on the map like that.

It would be a lot less tedious than finding the streets in mapsource.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: