Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Possible workaround for lockups
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Possible workaround for lockups

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kram
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Possible workaround for lockups Reply with quote

I had TTN2 lock up / freeze on me a few times yesterday and *lots* of times today and now I think I've narrowed it down a little. It appears that I only get freezes if the GPS position is unreliable which I think might include times when the position is known but not on a road, not sure about that part yet.

The first time I tried to plan a route it told me that the position was unreliable and asked me whether to use the last known position, I ticked the box that said not to ask again and said yes. It then worked fine for that route but intermittently (about 75% lockups to 25% working) locked up on subsequent routes.

This afternoon I went into the advanced config page and pressed the button that re-activates all warnings. The next time I tried to plan a route I got the question about whether or not to use the last good position and this time I said "no". It then planned the route fine, despite the past 3 or 4 attempts from the same position trying to plan the same route causing lockups needing a soft reset. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a way to make it automatically say no to that question, for some reason if you tick the box to remember the answer then it greys out the "no" answer and only allows "yes".

So, my proposed workaround is a) re-enable all warnings, then b) every time it asks whether to use the last known position just say no. I realise that I haven't spent long testing this theory but it seems to be working fine so far for me and I thought it worth mentioning in case it helps anyone else.

No guarantees of course and I'm sorry if this gets anyone's hopes up then doesn't help after all.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Possible workaround for lockups Reply with quote

Interesting. I usually plan my route on the way home off road, as the car park is a fair distance from several roads, but I haven't seen the lockup yet that everyone is experiencing.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: