Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - BT 16 Channel - 20 hour
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

BT 16 Channel - 20 hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grexy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers for the feedback guys.

I had a bit more of a play today with tomtom. Can any one tell me what it means if you have a little plug with a cross in it, in the bottom left of your tomtom screen??

I have got it working, but not very well. It only seems to find 4 - 5 sats and then it does lose them at times for a split second, but it still works.

I am using TOMTOM 3 on a X50V, just wondered if you know what you set it up as in tomtom - I have set it up as 'tomtom bluetooth', 'com port 7' and it seems to wait, apart from the little plug sign with the cross?

I have a wired GPS mouse with my sedio G2500 car mount and this does seem to be better... but i'll keep you posted.
iancjc
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

little plug with a cross im it - shows that it is on battery power rather than via a car or normal power lead.

you can turn this off in properties.
grexy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Out Loud, yeh I found that out after I posted.

Has anybody any idea what the right settings are in TomTom 3 then?
steviemac
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:48 pm    Post subject: BT77 E200 TomTom Mobile Help Please Reply with quote

Sad

Hi All I have just bought a BT 77 to run on my spv e200, I can get the bt77 picked up and added to my e200 but when i run TomTom Mobile I get the message "no valid gps signal"

Please tell me that someone can help me with this one?....pulling my hair out Sad

Cheers
Stevie
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomTom Mobile is supplied in a bundle with a TomTom Bluetooth GPS. The two should work correctly together. There is not, at this time, a 'software only' version of TomTom Mobile.

David
steviemac
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:43 pm    Post subject: tomtom mobile Reply with quote

I purchased TOMTOM MOBILE from ebay, software only......aand using my own bonded bluetooth receiver, the BT77......YET no valid GPS signal? as in my previous message....all stiil stand.
have bluetooth BT77 Receiver working with TomTom Mobile on my e200...anyone that can help and or advise me ...pleeeeeeeeez do

thanks
stevie
dununda
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:01 pm    Post subject: Re: BT77 E200 TomTom Mobile Help Please Reply with quote

steviemac wrote:
Sad

........ I can get the bt77 picked up and added to my e200 .........

By this I take it you mean you can get it paired by Blue Tooth? this does not in itself mean a GPS Signal it getting to your PDA.

Quote:

but when i run TomTom Mobile I get the message "no valid gps signal"

Have you gone into Tom Tom setup or properties area & checked things like baud rate & Gps Settings? Should be 4800 I Seem to recall. I don't know the Tom Tom program but they are all Similar I guess .
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:13 am    Post subject: Re: tomtom mobile Reply with quote

steviemac wrote:
I purchased TOMTOM MOBILE from ebay, software only

In which case the software is probably pirated. Unlike other products, TomTom Mobile 4 (not the forthcoming Mobile 5) doesn't use Activation, and the pirates know that.

If you have a TomTom Product Code card and a memory card with the TomTom label on it, then someone has split the software form the hardware. If you don't have a Product Code card and logoed memory card, then the software is almost certainly pirate and quite possibly unusable.

David
phanco
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:46 am    Post subject: Nokia 6600 Compatibility Reply with quote

I have joined the long list (from what I see in this and other forums) of people who have had thier TomTom GPS module stolen.

I am looking to buy a cheap(er) replacement to use with TomTom Mobile on my Nokia 6600. From the coments in this review it seems that this model is quite well recieved (and is available at resonable cost on ebay).

Does anyone know of any reason why I shouldn't consider buying one of these to use with my 6600 ?

Any opinions gratefully recieved.
iancjc
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I've been using this unit for almost a month now - after a couple of problems in the first few days - its been excellent, battery life is good (I got a second nokia compatible off ebay (5 quid delivered) and between the 2 batteries I get about 30 hours use before charging.

I average between 7 and 11 sats and found the performance very good in central london last week (driving down Fenchurch street with tall buildings on all sides and it kept a 5 sat lock minimum at all times).

I'm in the process of selling my previous bt unit and relying on this one, not sure how it will perform with your nokia but with my ipaq it's excellent.

Ian
phanco
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:32 pm    Post subject: Does anyone know if a standard UK Nokia charger can be used Reply with quote

After my earlier post, I have bitten the bullet and bought one of ebay - nt bad for £60 delivered.

However it is coming with a US power supply. As it has a nokia battery, and my generic nokia phone charger can deliver 5-10V @ 600ma (and the sotck charger is 5V 500MA) does anyone know if it is plug-compatible with a Nokia phone charger ?

Just trying to avoid using those US-UK adapters that are always loose and get lost ...
iancjc
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

l've only used the car charger - I think I've seen postings on other forums that you can use a nokia charger although these may havebeen referring to externally chargine the battery. The battery is a nokia type BL-5C.

try a google on Itrek BT gps and look for details.

HTH

Ian
dununda
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phanco, Like Ian I have never used the US mains charger. (I am in Australia) There is little need to, because the the car charger has a USB connector on it. If I want to charge the unit at home I unplug the lead from the car charger and put it in any USB port on a PC. If I want to charge it when I am away I plug it into my laptop. If I want to charge it in the car I use the car charger. So thats one less power pack to carry around.
Jw_2000_Uk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iancjc wrote:
l've only used the car charger - I think I've seen postings on other forums that you can use a nokia charger although these may havebeen referring to externally chargine the battery. The battery is a nokia type BL-5C.

try a google on Itrek BT gps and look for details.

HTH

Ian

First of all id like to say Hi to everyone. :D

Ive just bought one of these bluetooth Gps units.
Ive got the sameish setup as u ian.and having the same problems Laughing Out Loud.ive tred the unpluging the battery and still no luck.

On mine its fine with just the GPS page loaded,but when in try and navigate a route it then drops out.

Just wondering what settings should it be?

i.e. NMEA 0183v2 ?????

And COM? altough com8 seems to be the obvious one.but u never know.

Any help will be great.thanx.
iancjc
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry never saw this until today.

Any improvement?

If not all I did was charge the battery for 12 hours then took the battery out and left it for another 12 hours - I really haven't had one moments bother since then.

Hopefully you're ok now the only other thought is you have a very slow sd card - try loading a small map into memory or depenfing on your ppc install map on a cf card.

there were a lot of postings re bt dropouts and slow sd cards - most of which are old so I guess people upgrades the memory cards - you should also ensure that you are on tomtom 3.07 an d that the ppc has all the latsest updates etc.

HTH

Ian

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: