Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Seidio - any answers on hot 2210
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Seidio - any answers on hot 2210

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rorywquin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:38 am    Post subject: Seidio - any answers on hot 2210 Reply with quote

Hi all - I have just tried out my new Seidio powered mount (2500) for my 2210. While I found that everything worked quite well, I did notice that the 2210 was quite hot at the battery. Is this acceptable - is it the battery getting hot from being overcharged, or is it heat being generated by the mount in reducing the voltage from 12v to 5v?

I would really appreciate some input here as I am about to return the unit to the supplier!!
cgriff
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have one too and have found it dose not get hot unless the volume is turned up high.
you should notice that from minimum to loud is only a small amount on the wheel then the rest of the movement on the wheel dose not increase the volume.
try this let us know how you got on.
rorywquin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply - I have found tha by setting the volume at about 50% on the ipaq the volume control on the Seidio is not as sensitive and works better - If there is no other solution to the heat - I am concerned about damage to my Ipaq - I am going to send my Seidio back!!

I just wish there was a bit more feed back from users!!
twotonemark
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rorywquin wrote:
Thanks for your reply - I have found tha by setting the volume at about 50% on the ipaq the volume control on the Seidio is not as sensitive and works better - If there is no other solution to the heat - I am concerned about damage to my Ipaq - I am going to send my Seidio back!!

I just wish there was a bit more feed back from users!!

Straight off am not an owner...so my contribution here is secondhand. I have read positive and negative comments on this site and www.aximsite.com. Two owners on aximsite.com found there Seidio mounts not only got hot but ended up smoke coming out of them 8O after 2 weeks of ownership. But then others replied they were quite happy.

I was going to buy one but was put off by the negative comments and since I spent a lot of money on my Axim I don't want to risk it being damaged. I ended up buying a BT headset and using that to hear the instructions clearly. So if your PDA is BT enabled that is an option.

Mark.
rorywquin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Mark

I suspect that the Seidio is getting hot having to shed 7v while charging the PDA & gps and powering the speaker. I quite like the unit and I may open it and modify it with extra cooling holes or similar - I am waiting on the guys I got it from to contact the UK importer and give some feed back!

Depending on the voltage for the amplifier circuit, I may modify it and use a car adaptor that drops the voltage to 5 v in the bit that goes into the lighter socket and by pass the onboard transformer in the G2500. I just need a bit of time to test and see where the heat is coming from!!
seidioseidio
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI,

My name is David Chang. I am the product Marketing Manager from Seidio. I am here to answer any questions and solve any problems you may have with Seidio products. PLease send me email dsc@seidio.com if you have any problem with G2500 mounts.

As to the temperature problem, we have made some changes in our latest units so this can be avoided. If you have this problem, please email me so I can take care of this problem for you.

Regarding to the smoking problem mentioned in Aximsite. it is quite rare to have this happen. We are in the process to get these two units back so we can examine the units to find out what caused this.

Seidio will standby our products and make our customers happy with our products.
KJS
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David

I have sent you several e mails - but you have never responded apart from the initial e mail saying you would look into it for me.

Would you again look into this and respond please.

It is good you have taken the trouble to acknowledge this forum and responded, please dont let the people that have your products lose faith in their choice.

I will also e mail you again on the above e mail address.

Regards

Keith Sparks
KJS
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear All

Credit where credit is due, have just recieved an e mail from seidio shipping asking for my address to send a replacement cradle to me on the request of David Chang.

Thank you Seidio(David Chang)

Keith
burdell1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

although I might submit this as an individual post, but my pda (4150) got so hot that it came up with a warning on my Ipaq and actually temporarily shut off the charging capabilities. It is mounted in front of the air vent, but I didn't have the heat on blowing through it (although some still does.) Might this be the charger?
seidioseidio
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

burdell1 wrote:
although I might submit this as an individual post, but my pda (4150) got so hot that it came up with a warning on my Ipaq and actually temporarily shut off the charging capabilities. It is mounted in front of the air vent, but I didn't have the heat on blowing through it (although some still does.) Might this be the charger?

Hi,

WE will replace it immediately. PLease send me your order #.

David Chang
Seidio
dsc@seidio.com
burdell1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been having problems with my Seidio and got an RMA number. they said that if I don't send it within 14 days, I have to contact them to get a new RMA. I wasn't able to get my sent off in the 14 days so I contacted Seidio for the new one, but they haven't contacted me at all. I have tried 3 times! If anyone from Seidio is reading this, can you please contact me at burdell1@yahoo.com
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No chance. I have been emailing David from Seidio for months and he cannot be bothered to reply. This is terrible customer service and I would advise you to buy from another manufacturer as if it goes wrong, which many peoples appear to do, they will not help you.
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well a reply at last from Seidio, saying why don't I contact a retailer instead. Very different from their first advice.

It seems that Seidio themselves only offer a 6 month warranty [/url] http://www.seidio-europe.com/help_answer.asp?ID=79#79 [url] so it makes sense for them to delay responding until this time has passed.
semrots
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Power cord failed on mine, twice Mr Chang has offered to send immediate replacement if I give him my details - and yes I have but nothing.

It really is bad customer service. Its good someone who is supposed to be as high as Mr Chang in the Company reads these forums and replies, but then not to actually see the problem through......

Rod

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: