Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Problem with i.Trek CF !!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem with i.Trek CF !!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rosella
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:00 pm    Post subject: Problem with i.Trek CF !! Reply with quote

Hi !!

I have a i.Trek CF GPS and I want to use it with my toshiba e740.

First, I installed the "GPS Info" test program that came with the CD.

I had ran the program and the GPS worked fine.

After I installed the "TomTom" navigation program and I went to "Navigation GPS" program to configure the GPS. It was easy configure the port "CF_CARD GENERIC", it was difficult configure de GPS because this model isn't in the combo-box to choose one. So I tried with all of them until find one that seems works fine.

Every time that I tested one of them I went to "Status" layer to saw how it runs. In this screen you could watch the sat icon trying to connect with pda icon, in that moment the battery turn off (empty), I reintsalled de "TomTom" navigation program and I repeat the test again.

What happen now ? The red light of GPS is on and fixed but in the "TomTom GSP" program screen I don't see nothing in movement like before (sat icon trying to connect with pda icon).

It's strange, I don't know that I have to do. Somebody Can help me ?

Sorry about my english....
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and Welcome

If English is not your first language, you're doing extremely well - I found your explanation clear.

So far as I can tell, the i.Trek is a SiRF based unit - so "TomTom Navigator GPS" should work fine, with, as you've found, CF_CARD GENERIC as the port.

I'm unclear what happened when the battery went flat. It sounds as if your Pocket PC hard reset, and you had to reconfigure from scratch.

Anyway - I'd start by removing the GPS card, and soft resetting (push the reset button with your stylus on most Pocket PCs), then insert the GPS card, and make sure TomTom GPS is configured as above.

If it doesn't work, can you describe what happens on the first tab of TomTom GPS. Are there any "scrolling dots" (about half way down, to the right).

David
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rosella,

You say that running GPS Info prior to installing TTN3 it showed the card had a satellite fix. Have you tried running GPS Info since installing TTN3 ?

If GPS Info fails to see a signal now, then you may want to try uninstalling TomTom ~ GPS in REMOVE PROGRAMS, let it restart as requested and then try GPS Info again. If this now works, try TTN3 and hopefully it will work this time round.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: