Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Speed Limit
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Speed Limit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
win2win
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:08 pm    Post subject: Speed Limit Reply with quote

Does software such as Tom Tom or Copilot give you warnings if you are over the speed limit on a roda, or is it just when approching speed cameras? If not, is their software.hardware around that does?

If you have to add loads of POI to do this it's a bit of a pain in the backside!

Also, the mobile camera POI's in Tom Tom, are these a list of the 'usual' places they are found, so they might not be there on any given day?
BoPeep
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi win2win,

It's not quite the same thing, I know, as it works with the same speed limit for all roads, but TomTom will revert to a safety screen (a dark blue screen which shows your speed) whenever you exceed your 'safety speed.'

This can be set in the properties. Mine is set to 75mph so it works well if you are on a motorway or duel carriageway, as you can set it to warn you if you are doing over 70mph, but unfortunately not if you are on a 60mph or less road.

The mobile cameras are places where a mobile camera has been spotted a few times, so yes, it's possible that one day the police may have decided not to use that particular spot.

But I think it's better to be aware of a spot (even if it's not being used) and be extra careful, rather than not be aware of it and that happens to be the day that it is being used. Wink

HTH.

Regards,

Bo Peep.
win2win
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Maybe they include it in future versions.

Decided to go for the SysOnChip Bluetooth SOC2S03 with Tom Tom software, as these both seem to get good reports, and will work with my XDA IIs.

I've found software called "Speedcare" by Livewire that does the trick. But I want both, would they both run together (obviosuly not as one program)?
Bodo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Destinator does have the ability to warn you when you are over the speed limit.
I tried this option for 1 day only, as the warnings are either on or off, and can not be configured.
Some speed limits are also incorrect. For example, when turning from the M40 on to the M25, it warns me that I am exceeding the speed limit if I do more than 30mph. On the other hand, streets in Ruislip seem to allow you to exceed the speed limit substantially.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: