Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Spoken POI alerts for TomTom GO, Mobile, PocketPC and Palm
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Spoken POI alerts for TomTom GO, Mobile, PocketPC and Palm
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 71, 72, 73  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim-Bob
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any ideas why the POI-soundpatch wont work for me. When I try it with my V5.1 or 5.2 DATA.chk file I get the bad data.chk file warning. It will work for me with the data.chk file I have from an old backup of V5.
ScaredyCat
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jim-Bob,

There's a new version which will allow you to attempt to update any data.chk file (it gives a warning first) - The new version is 0.3.10 - scroll right down to the bottom of the page. The bit you are interested in is:

"There are still issues with the new version of the OS for the TTG (5.2). This version adds voice extraction only (ie no other changes). I'll look at the 5.2 issue now :D"

click 'this version' - it still has a problem with 5.2 at the moment, but you could try 5.1 and see if that works..

I've tried with a 5.2 and the result was just a 'blank' sound on the TTG where the replaced sound would have been.

I'm working on a fix.

SC
Jim-Bob
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry if it is obvious but which page am I suposed to be scrollong?
ScaredyCat
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.automated.it/ttg-poipatcher.html

that one...

Smile

SC
Jim-Bob
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got it

Thanx for the fast reply! :D
Jim-Bob
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just used poi-soundpatch3.10 with V5.2 and worked fine both unchanged files and changed ones. No problem.

Thanks for the file. :D
ScaredyCat
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jim-Bob,

Yes, I had a DOH! moment. I'd got an awooga sound converted to an ogg that I was using to test. Turns out I'm a muppet and was trying one of my old files that hadn't converted properly.

So, it does work... I'm what's broke ;)

SC
ScaredyCat
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh btw Jim-Bob,

sorry to be a PITA but you might want to grab 0.3.11 - I forgot to remove some debug output in 0.3.10... not essential but just FYI.

Thanks for the feedback tho.. appreciated.

SC
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those of you just wanting the PocketGPSWorld.com Spoken Alerts Lutz has created a new data.chk file for TomTom GO version 5.2. Instructions and the download can be found here.
dragone
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:10 am    Post subject: poi sounds for navigator 5 for a mio 168 Reply with quote

Hi, has anyone got a copy of the replacement audio file for the poi, for navigator 5 on a mitac mio 168 pda. I have had a look around and cant find anythink and dont want to mess anythin up installin the wrong files.

Thanks
cdelecole
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScaredyCat wrote:
oh btw Jim-Bob,

sorry to be a PITA but you might want to grab 0.3.11 - I forgot to remove some debug output in 0.3.10... not essential but just FYI.

Thanks for the feedback tho.. appreciated.

SC

ScaredyCat,

I've tried your application with the 5.1 firmware, and getting a warning message about 140 modules in the chk file / not sure about the results.

It was working with the code I pasted in the Excel Macro from this forum.

- Are you going to update your application each time there is an update ?
- What exactly is the "Exctract Voice" to be used for ?!?
- What is the effect of checking if we have a TT GO or not ? Should we use left column if TT go and right column for any other device for sound files ?

Many Thanks !
ScaredyCat
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdelecole wrote:

I've tried your application with the 5.1 firmware, and getting a warning message about 140 modules in the chk file / not sure about the results.

It will work with 5.1/5.2 just ignore the warning. It was kind of a DOH! moment for me. I didn't add the latest release check (which I should have), it will get fixed in the next release so that it wont warn with 5.1/5.2.

cdelecole wrote:

- Are you going to update your application each time there is an update ?

Yes, I'd rather do it like that than just le the user generate a .chk file without warning them that it might not work. I could add an option 'Don't warn me about anything' I suppose...

cdelecole wrote:

- What exactly is the "Exctract Voice" to be used for ?!?

This feature came about while I was trying to fix the non-existant 5.2 issue (turns out I was patching with a bad ogg). It basically does 'exactly what it says on the tin' - copy one of the dataXX.chk voice files, where XX is a 2 digit number (05, 98 etc) to your hard disk. I'd put it in a folder on its own since the files the app will generate will end up in the same place. Click the browse button and find the dataXX.chk file then click 'Extract Voice' - look in the folder where you had your dataXX.chk file and you'll see 59 ogg files... these are the individual instructions and are named things like 'After.ogg'

cdelecole wrote:

- What is the effect of checking if we have a TT GO or not ? Should we use left column if TT go and right column for any other device for sound files ?

The data.chk file has 2 blocks of sounds in one file. The first set is used by TTG devices, the 2nd set is used by mobile devices. If you have a TTG device then this option should be checked, since the check mark really means 'patch block 1'.

cdelecole wrote:

Should we use left column if TT go and right column for any other device for sound files ?

No, at this point in time you can only patch 1 of the 2 blocks at a time. So with the checkbox checked all the sounds relate to the TTG. You can run the generated file through the app again if you need to update the mobile sounds.

I need to redo the interface a bit to make it more friendly, it was knocked up pretty quickly - now the interface needs a bit of an overhaul.

cdelecole wrote:
Many Thanks !

No problem, I'm currently looking at a 'Build Voice' feature too...

SC
soweezy
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: poi sounds for navigator 5 for a mio 168 Reply with quote

dragone wrote:
Hi, has anyone got a copy of the replacement audio file for the poi, for navigator 5 on a mitac mio 168 pda. I have had a look around and cant find anythink and dont want to mess anythin up installin the wrong files.

Thanks

what do you mean by "replacement" ?
an already modified data.chk or replacement original file ?

Garmin Zumo 390LM
ScaredyCat
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New version released, now allows the building of voices too

SC
LiveLifeGoJump
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Good work on the new voices but (there's always a but with new versions) could we not have them as additions to the original as we now do not have any non speed camera related warnings for use with the other POIs? Is there a limit to how many warning sounds TTN5 can use?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 71, 72, 73  Next
Page 22 of 73

Jump to: