Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Foreign language exercises
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Foreign language exercises

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navman Handhelds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mbrondt
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Foreign language exercises Reply with quote

Yesterday I saw that the new servicepack1 was available from navman support, so I rushed to download it as I was exited to see what it could do to me. When I purchased the original version of Navman 3400, I was told that there would be a Danish version available later for download. So on my iPaq is an uk-english version installed. Yesterday I downloaded the upgrade with great expectations, started the program og chose to install "Dansk" which means Danish in Danish :-) One of the first thing I was presented with was a blank screen with kind of four paragraphs named 1/ 2/ 3/ 4/ and 2 buttons all of it with no text label at all. I tried to push the right button, to see what happened. A new blank screen appeared, this time with 3 or 4 buttons all with no labels. I shut the program down, started it over and this time choosed the english version, now I could suddenly read what the four paragraphs was, and I followed the procedure as described. This time the program started to download an uk-english version, and I have now upgraded my iPaq with a new english version and still have to live with the english prompts. I have sent an email to the Navman support and I quickly got an response from a very polite person there, asking me if my mailbox could handle attachments of 1.5mb, which I told him that it could. After that I have heard nothing.

I have far from given up, I still hope to hear the danish navigation prompts one day from my Navman. Otherwise I will switch back to Tomtom which in my opinion have a far better interface and many more options, and it had Danish from day one.

This was just a short story of my upgrade experience ;-)

Regards Michael

Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Foreign language exercises Reply with quote

Michael,

When you say that you were told of a Danish version to be released later on, I assume that you have the European release two CD set that Navman sent, or should have sent, by post to every registered user. My copy certainly offers a Danish option when I come to install, although I haven't tried to install it since my knowledge of Danish is limited to Jeg elske dig (sp?!).

carl
Occasional Visitor

Michael,

The Swedish option "works" in the same way, that is, clicking on it presents you with an almost empty screen. After having installed the UK version and read the texts there you know what is missing and you know what buttons to click to install Dansk or Svensk versions blindfolded. But - having done so it is still the UK version that is installed.

Nothing wrong with the UK version, though, except that I cannot get a satellite fix anymore! 5 or 6 satellites are found quickly, the dot gets green, a 0 3D fix is reported, but no coordinates are calculated even after 30 minutes.

If it works for you in English, consider yourself lucky!
mbrondt
Occasional Visitor

Hi Tim!

Yes it is the two set CD you mention, and I also have a Danish option, but there is no Danish version of the navigation software on the CD all it does is that it installs the english version, at least not on mine! There is a Danish userguide although.

I'm kind of flattered that you "love me", inspite the fact it is first time we have contact :-)

/Michael

mbrondt
Occasional Visitor

Today I got the Danish.exe installed I got from the Navman support, inspite of the name it is exactly the same servicepack as the Swedish and for that matter the UK-English version.

When I install it, it still have all the English navigation prompts!

I must say it works, but why give it a name indicating it is a special danish version when it is not!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navman Handhelds All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: