Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - SPIII
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

SPIII

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sammy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:56 am    Post subject: SPIII Reply with quote

I have a SPIII with 4.01 software. When I try to lay in a route that I want, it shows fine on my computer screen but when I download it, It shows the route that the SPIII thinks is best instead of what I had saved and downloaded or at least I thought I had. What do I need to do to get the download to be the same on my Street Pilot as it was on my computer screen. Ex: Texas to Florida ( the way I want to go)
Lisbon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure but i think that the solution is to turn off the "auto-reroute" feature...
sammy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 3:58 pm    Post subject: SPIII Reply with quote

Thanks, I'll try that.
Skippy
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, are you sure your are selecting the route you have uploaded rather than letting the SPIII calculate the route?

There is a screen which lists the predefined routes that you have uploaded and you have to select the route from there rather than inputting the destination and letting it calculate the route...
BernieK
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 12:50 pm    Post subject: Saving Routes. Reply with quote

You can use the SP3 to generate routes internally that you can then save and store forever.

For example, if you are sitting at home, you can sit in the garden with the SP3 working off batteries, and set it to generate a route from its current position to a waypoint or address. Once completed, you save the route. Repeat as required.

Along the same lines, you can fool the SP3 into believing it is sitting somewhere else using the "New Location" function with the GPS function turned off. Then you can generate routes from the "New Location" to other places and save them too.

The only advantage of this is that you have a library of regular routes stored internally rather than having to wait for the SP3 to generate them each time.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: