Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navigator 2 Map Errors
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navigator 2 Map Errors
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chris.hevey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two roundabouts on the A5 as is passes through Dunstable have been removed are now crossroads with traffic lights.

Locations (according to MS Mappoint)

51.88605 N 0.52105 W

51.89411 N 0.53236 W
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 6:56 pm    Post subject: M11 J7-J8 Reply with quote

This section has always goven me odd messages such as keep right in the middle of a motorway section. Today I found out why. Someone rapped their car into the central reservation just North of J8 today to I told TomTom to avoid the M11 hwne I was just North of J7. Every road that passed over or under the motorway, it told me to leave the motorway on. It obviously thought that every bridge was a junction.
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 5:23 pm    Post subject: A4251 Hemel Reply with quote

Trying to go South from Hemel Hemsptead on the A4251 (old A41) it imagines that you cannot leave a small roundabout southbound (next to Shendish Edge) near Aspley Station.
Ian_W
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A127 - Junction with High Road/High Road North in Laindon - known locally as the 'Fortune Of War' - this has not been a roundabout for a few years know - but is still shown as one on TT2.

A127 - Junction with A1245 - this is shown as the A130 (the new A130 opened a few months ago (that being missing is not un-expected)) - however travelling East along the A127, it directs you to turn right onto the A130 ignoring the roundabout beneath the flyover.

A130 - Travelling between junction A13 and the B1014 it infoms you to keep right/left and not to a) take the railway line and b) to not turn onto the river. Highly sensible, but not really required Wink

To be honest if Multimap can get all these new roads on quickly (they show the new A130 in its entirity) why can't TomTom?

Also do they really look at this list, and correct things? - I have my doubts.
Ian_W
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B1014 - junction with A130 - advised to take the roundabout and first exit, rather than using the slip road, which is marked on the map. probably minor.

A507 - heading westbound from the A1 - the road is marked on the map - but bears no resemblance to the actual location of the road. The map seems to think the road is to the North, and then suddenly to the south. This is not a very new road - but after a mile or so, does get back on track.
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The latter problem (the A507 one) has been complained about many times. Oddly, though I live in western Mid Bedfordshire, I haven't driven along that part of the A507 since I've had my navigation setup!

The best thing is probably to turn guidance off for a short while - then when the problem area is passed, turn it back on.

David
dandpclements
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reading to Ely, Cambrideshire - ok getting there via M4 / M25 / M11 except for spurious keep lefts and rights on M11. Coming back it tries to take you off the M11 onto the A10. Staying on the M11 it then tries to get you to exit at almost every other junction (sometimes adding 20 miles to your journey)
psionman
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wyvern Way, Derby has a spurious gap forcing you around Pullman Rd
SimonCatlin
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dandpclements wrote:
Reading to Ely, Cambrideshire - ok getting there via M4 / M25 / M11 except for spurious keep lefts and rights on M11. Coming back it tries to take you off the M11 onto the A10. Staying on the M11 it then tries to get you to exit at almost every other junction (sometimes adding 20 miles to your journey)

Regularly do the M40, M42, M5, M6, M54, which is not TTN2 wants you to do as I get the U-turn message, "at the next junction...." from Nagging Nora.

However, if you re-calc the route.. Voila, It says ok, don't bother, I'll accept your new location and take the route you are already on.

Obviously on the road, trying to do an address would end up either being very difficult or at worse a nice fine from the man in blue.

As we are on the subject of this route, the m^ did not exist a couploe of times M5 direct to M54? No idea on that one? Abbotts Langley. There are about 8 (yes 8) rounabouts missing!
Robin2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tring bypass (which is fairly new) is not shown
Robin
SimonCatlin
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 11:12 am    Post subject: M11 - Spurious keep right - goof GPS signal Reply with quote

Dreaded keep Right for about 1 mile on M11. This had been mentioned before, but suggestions of GPS signal are not correct as I had 8 sats locked on!
BoPeep
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 3:40 pm    Post subject: POI Error Reply with quote

Not a missing place/road as such, but the standard TomTom POI entry for 'Cheddar Gorge and Caves' is a couple of miles out on the map.

Bo Peep. Angel
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 11:29 pm    Post subject: Re: M11 - Spurious keep right - goof GPS signal Reply with quote

SimonCatlin wrote:
Dreaded keep Right for about 1 mile on M11. This had been mentioned before, but suggestions of GPS signal are not correct as I had 8 sats locked on!

i have every flippin time i got tilbury to felixstowe doesnt it do you head in its not about a mile it more like 2 or 3 miles and happens just after the stansted turn aaarrrrgggghhhhhh

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
matt_e
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) High Wycombe A404 Easton Street right hand sharp turn back onto A40/A404 Abbey Way. Map appears to show this one way filter road correctly however it always routes you further along Easton Street (beyond the tip of and the triangle) then tries to get you to turn around and come back along Abbey Way.

2) Coming down Corporation Street High Wycombe into High Street High Wycombe. Cars can only turn left for most of the day. Similarly High Street and Church Street are bus routes only for most of the day.

3) Temple End / Frogmoor junction onto A4128 Arch Way is blocked off. Whole area has one way systems that need revising

4) A4155 Chapel Street (Marlow) junction with A4155 Spittal Street and B482 Dean Street. This is a mini roundabout not a T junction.

Smile
steveky
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the 2 roundabouts in Staveley Way leading up to Manchester Road Prescot Knowsley Merseyside, the programme takes you counterclockwise around them

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12

Jump to: