Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Maps for France/western europe
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Maps for France/western europe
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bb193
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:23 pm    Post subject: Maps for France/western europe Reply with quote

I'm keen to get maps for France and/or western europe for my TomTom Mobile. Does anyone know how I can do this?

They obviously exist, because the TomTom site says it provides them for those countries.

In most other Western European countries, the Expansys site sells versions with both UK and French maps. But the UK Expansys only sells UK maps.

I have some 400Mb spare on my 512M mini-sd that goes in my SP3 - just waiting for these maps. I'm happy to pay good money for them - but I can't find anyway of buying them.

Can anyone help?
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The TomTom shop has them, but I think that's the combo version where they force you to buy the receiver too

http://www.tomtom.com/products/sellingpage.php?ID=23&Language=1

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
bb193
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes - at 299 euros, that seems to be the software, GPS unit and map of your choice - the complete package.

It's is possible, but I would like to know if I can just buy the map? Are any of the Palm, Pocket PC or Go maps compatible?

Do TomTom not sell the Mobile maps they have on their own (I can't be the only person who wants to use it to travel round Europe!). Do they have any plans to sell these?
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is where your idea of how it should work clashes with TomTom's idea of how they want to do business... I'd recommend you bash them directly, maybe they'll change their business model if enough users complain.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
Zeena
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems like they will make it available...

TomTom Support wrote:
A range of accessory maps will be made available on separate memory cards. Please watch our website for more details.

adchesney
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:30 pm    Post subject: TTM - Maps from TT Reply with quote

Can I use the maps from TT2 on TTM?

Also on TTM I can't find "Avoid Raod" option that is on TT - do I need my eyes tested??

ANDREW
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no - how do you think they make money?

In TTM with a route planned, press 2 and then select your desired option.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
chazzer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 2:38 am    Post subject: TT Navigator European Maps work with TTM Reply with quote

I had bought the European maps package for my TT Navigator and later bought TTM for my C500. I messed around for quite while with the files but got the European maps to work on TTM in the end. 8)
If you want to know how send me a private messgae and I will reply with the how to. If I get enough requests and the moderators don't think it breaks any rules I will post the method here. Wink
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We would prefer that you not publish this here.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
chazzer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Problem. Not Worthy
The thing is, I have purchased TTM, TT Navigator and the European maps shouldn't I be able to use them as I will, so long as I am not selling them on or using them on more than one device than I have paid for (especially considering the amount of cash TomTom have had out of me; to be honest since TTM came out I havn't used TT Navigator, so I am just make use of a previous purchase). Rolling Eyes
JaKay
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chazzer wrote:
No Problem. Not Worthy
The thing is, I have purchased TTM, TT Navigator and the European maps shouldn't I be able to use them as I will, so long as I am not selling them on or using them on more than one device than I have paid for (especially considering the amount of cash TomTom have had out of me; to be honest since TTM came out I havn't used TT Navigator, so I am just make use of a previous purchase). Rolling Eyes

I'm having issues trying to switch between the maps in TTM if you can tell me how you achieved that in TTM that would be of great use. I've already download phm registry editor and that's fine if you can find what you need to change but it seems as if i have some entries missing. Sad
bluetba
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I currently switch maps on my Nokia 6600, I have the UK and French maps on there with no problems, I use TTM3 with the traffic add on (disabled of course as it’s a waste of space – but that’s for another forum!).

My app version is 4.430 (313) and my Nokia 6600 is running Firmware version 4.09.1 (can be found by dialling *#0000#)

Other than that just copied the map checking the folder name was correct, and now when I switch on it asks which map I would like to use.
JaKay
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bluetba wrote:
I currently switch maps on my Nokia 6600, I have the UK and French maps on there with no problems, I use TTM3 with the traffic add on (disabled of course as it’s a waste of space – but that’s for another forum!).

My app version is 4.430 (313) and my Nokia 6600 is running Firmware version 4.09.1 (can be found by dialling *#0000#)

Other than that just copied the map checking the folder name was correct, and now when I switch on it asks which map I would like to use.

I'm using the spv c500 with windows ce v4.21 (build 1088) and the ttm3 app version 4.430(313). can you tell me what you mean by making sure the folder name is correct, what should it be? and did you not have to change any registry entries. :o
bluetba
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my case I have the 32mb Bretagne/Normandie map, and this needs to be on the memory card in a folder called "Bretagne-Normandie Navigator Map" in the case of the 233mb French map, it needs to be in a folder called "France Navigator Map".

I have done no registry changes at all just copied the map into a folder next to my British map.

Saying that, I did do one more thing, I copied the .MID file from my Great Briton map and renamed it and replaced the one in the French map folder, so for example I took the Great_Briton.mid file from the GB map folder renamed it to Bretagne-Normandie.mid and then copied that into the Bretagne-Normandie Navigator Map folder. no idea why, it was something that I read somewhere or another.

Hope this helps a little
JaKay
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bluetba wrote:
In my case I have the 32mb Bretagne/Normandie map, and this needs to be on the memory card in a folder called "Bretagne-Normandie Navigator Map" in the case of the 233mb French map, it needs to be in a folder called "France Navigator Map".

I have done no registry changes at all just copied the map into a folder next to my British map.

Saying that, I did do one more thing, I copied the .MID file from my Great Briton map and renamed it and replaced the one in the French map folder, so for example I took the Great_Briton.mid file from the GB map folder renamed it to Bretagne-Normandie.mid and then copied that into the Bretagne-Normandie Navigator Map folder. no idea why, it was something that I read somewhere or another.

I've done exactly as you said but with no joy. My original great britain map folder name is like so Great-Britain-Map and that is how i renamed the france folder (France-Map), i also copied and renamed the .MID files as suggested but don't get the option to switch between maps still.

This is turning out to be pretty difficult and not straight forward as some people have found it to be.

Do you have any other suggestions please?
Hope this helps a little

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: