Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - QUEST and Memory Maps
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

QUEST and Memory Maps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DIG
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:39 pm    Post subject: QUEST and Memory Maps Reply with quote

Has anybody utilised the quest with the routes/tracks downloaded from the "memory-map" series of OS maps. I am looking to purchase a quest to use in the car AND off-road on my bike, but nobody can confirm the track transfer will work!
Basically, I want it to work like a standard GPS ie Etrex when off-road.
tjr
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can definitely use the Quest for off-road navigation, by setting the route preference to "Off Road". The route can be defined as a series of waypoints which can be selected from the internal map, entered using lat/long or British National Grid format. With an off road route, the quest will display a compass page, showing bearing and distance to the next waypoint.

The Quest also has a track log, though it can only save a single log at a time. These can be uploaded to a PC using the MapSource package and can subsequently be transferred back. There is a tracback feature which can be used to follow them.

I haven't used memory map but I would expect that exporting routes as waypoints would work.

The Quest is primarily designed for on-road use, but would be suitable for occasional off road use.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: