Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Speed Limits
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Speed Limits

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GingerNut
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Speed Limits Reply with quote

Hi All,

I would like to make a suggestion for the speed limit settings?

My GPS runs about 3-4mph slow whaen I'm driving so the speed limit warning is not a lot of use.

Can you add a feature to allow editing of the pre-set speed limits please?

This will also allow the user to define their own speed limits.

Eg. I nned to set GPSAssist to 27mph to give me a correct 30mph warning.

Yours Roy

alanparrott
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Speed Limits Reply with quote

The concensus on this seems to be that the GPS is the accurate reading. Most car speedos are set 3-5 mph different. Certainly mine is.

Cheers

Alan
Mark G
Occasional Visitor

I use the over-speed or "speed limit" warning a fair bit but it's a bind having to manually switch up and down the scales and it would be nice if this was automated. Perhaps if a POI can actiavte a wave file it could also change the local speed setting. To work both ways some direction identification is needed, eg it drops to 30mph entering a village, but moves back up to 60mph going the other way.

I am currently playing with a set of POI's around my local routes that give a wave file notification on approach to a 30mph limit. I used the POI manager to set the alert to above 55kph. Therefore if I am leaving the area at 30 ish it does not activate, but when entering the limit it does. I am using a first warning only set at four seconds. Seems OK but it would mean a big POI database to cover even a County. I have yet to try this approach on 40 and 50 mph limits.

I've yet to load up TTN2 but I envisage the POI icon of a 30 sign being shown on the 3d view. Down side as above is that it will show 30 going out but it's a start.
Mark G
Occasional Visitor

Would it be possible to have an over speed warning that increases in intensity as speed increases. As an example, at 1mph(kph) over the set limit the driver gets a "ping" every two seconds, at 2mph over one ping per second, at three two per second etc. I guess an upper limit above say 5mph over is needed.

Thanks, Mark

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: