Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Advice sought on StreetPilot111 datacard problem
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Advice sought on StreetPilot111 datacard problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
firsttimer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 11:47 pm    Post subject: Advice sought on StreetPilot111 datacard problem Reply with quote

I'm a new (first time) owner of a SP111 and have hit a problem which I feel sure has a really simple solution but I cant work it out! Crying or Very sad The SP unit is running the latest software (downloaded from Garmin.com) and I have unlocked the latest European maps on Mapsorce (v6.4). Using the datacard on the usb programmer I have downloaded maps onto the datacard and when I transfer the datacard to the unit these load perfectly and the unit works fine. However when I plot some waypoints and routes on Mapsource and load these onto the datacard I cant seem to view or use them when I put the card into the unit. I know they are loaded onto the datacard cos when I read the datacard they download back onto a 'vigin' map set. The prefernce dialog box for tranfer to the programmer has ticks in the routes and waypoint boxes. Hower when I have the card in the unit and use 'find waypoints' or list routes there are none listed. I can manually enter routes into unit but cant work out how to use the ones created on the PC - cos I cant se them at all. Crying or Very sad

Grateful for any suggestions
firsttimer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 9:22 am    Post subject: the answer Reply with quote

it seems the SP111 cant read waypoints and routes from datacards. So even though the mapsource software can write and read to the card the unit cant. I'm going to have to use the serial cable to load the routes. 8O
BernieK
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 10:08 pm    Post subject: Serial lead... Reply with quote

...should have come with the SP3 in the box!

As stated, the memory card holds the maps - full stop!

Waypoints and routes are, in Garmin's time honoured tradition, loaded into the unit via the serial lead. This plugs into the same hole as the power cable (instead of it of course). You have to run the SP3 on it's batteries while you do the data transfer.

While you're connected, you can export tracks from the SP3 to your PC - and any new waypoints you've marked on your travels.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: