Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navman 510 - Satellites question!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navman 510 - Satellites question!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarcusJohn
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:50 am    Post subject: Navman 510 - Satellites question! Reply with quote

Hi!
Very new to all this, but I have just bought a Navman 510, and have installed it in a Renault Scenic on the drivers side window (but not on the opening up/down window, just in front of it...if you catch my drift).
Now I haven't got an external antenna, and I'm picking up on average 5 satellites with a good signal, and the Scenic has a uv covered windscreen so I'm thinking this may have been a problem? But after travelling round for a little while, it hasn't been a problem at all, and with such a good reception (or so I think?), do I need to get an external antenna?
My wife is going down to Cardiff at the weekend and the last thing I need is her having a panic and suddenly losing all signal, so do you guys think this is pretty much all OK or do I just plump for the external antenna just in case?
Any help of course is much appreciated!!
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife also has a Scenic, and I have a Megane Sport Tourer. Personally I use an external antenna because I'm loathe to trust my iPAQ/sleeve combo to a 2" circular suction cup. I keep my GPS on the centre console near the gear lever in my car, and when we use it in my wife's car then our son gets a sore arm holding it against the window nearest to him. Twisted Evil

Luckily I also have a Navman BT unit which picks up a reasonable siganl on the rear parcel shelf in either car.

Oh, I edited you post to remove the code from the Subject field. You can't add code to that part of your posts.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: