Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - CP5 affecting clock on HP2210
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

CP5 affecting clock on HP2210

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Will
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 8:20 pm    Post subject: CP5 affecting clock on HP2210 Reply with quote

Hi.

Been a CP user since v4, and upgraded to v5 - which I love - but the clock isn't working. I'm not totally sure CP5 is at fault, but I'm sure version 4 didn't have this effect on it. Basically it loses time when it's turned off. I always have it plugged in to power, either in the car or at home, so it never loses its backup power (or whatever the correct terminology is).

Each time I turn it on, the clock is out by about 4 hours or more. Today driving to a client, I needed an ETA....and CP said I'd arrive at 23.40! Even I know driving 12 miles wouldn't take me 10 hours...

Any suggestions as to what I should do or if this is CP-related?

Will
kartracer
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't see how CoPilot or any other navigation program would affect the clock on your PDA. It does not set the time, only reads it, and doesn't even do that if the PDA is switched off!

Are you perhaps synchronising the 2210 with a PC which has its clock set incorrectly? Or, you could have a faulty 2210.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had this recently on one of my PPC's, but I don't believe it was CPL5 at fault. The PPC had been soft reset after running, and I had been playing with it with some BT GPS's. Let it power off on it's own accord, sometime later it woke up with some reminders, let it power itself off again but noticed that the BT light was flashing and the charger light was lit (although it wasn't being charged).

Didn't think any more of it, next time I did a journey with CPL5 I noticed the clock was adversely wrong. I don't think it's CPL5, I think it's something to do with the wake up and sleep settings on the iPAQ that now and again it gets confused, and doesn't quite power itself down and then gets stuck in a state of flux and the clock doesn't update.
Robin2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had an iPAQ 2210 for about 13 months. Two or three times, the time has jumped by up to 16 hours - it happened when using TomTom as well as CP5. HP said they could only service/replace it if I sent it back after the time jumped without resetting it. It never happened at a time which was convenient to leave it incorrect, and it has happened so infrequently that I can live with it. Just as well, as I suppose it's out of warranty now
Robin
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I think as far as I can remember it's probably happened to me about half a dozen times in the past year. Sometimes I know for sure the Bluetooth light is blinking, the charger light is lit, but powering on the 2210 won't work and I've had to soft reset it, and then I find the clock is way out. Other times I have been able to power on the PPC. I have 2x2210's and they're both on the original ROM version and I only get the problem on my most used one which also has outlook reminders (calendar and task appointments) synced, and I have watched the PPC power itself on when it's been sat on my desk and I've left it and it's powered itself off after 3 mins, but sometimes the BT light will flash which I have noticed can drain the battery as it hasn't fully gone back to sleep.

It appears to be a bug more in the PPC OS than anything else, and I do remember this happening with previous PPC's also (iPAQ's), so I don't think the 2210 is alone here.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: