Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Haicom 203E cable set for Dell Axim
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Haicom 203E cable set for Dell Axim

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Haicom 203E cable set for Dell Axim Reply with quote

Thanks to Steve (Jinxy) for spotting this, Haicom now have a cable set for the 203E to fit the new Dell Axim. This is good news, and hopefully we'll see other manufacturers like Leadtek and Holux following suit shortly!
pmurgatroyd
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Haicom 203E cable set for Dell Axim Reply with quote

Does anyone know where you can actually buy the Haicom unit in the UK?

thanks

Paul
Michael
Occasional Visitor

I recently purchased a Haicom 203E form this buyer on Ebay after a recommendation. Although the seller is in Germany I had absolutely no problems with the transaction and got myself a bargain.

Michael

http://cgi6.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&include=0&userid=chucky-egg&sort=2&rows=25&since=-1&rd=1
Jinxy
Occasional Visitor

You can get it from http://www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk/allprods.php?category_id=13

They have them for just about every PDA there is.

Got mine from here, works really well, ssometime takes a hile for 1st lock but very good in general.

Steve
gozzy
Occasional Visitor

Michael

How much did you pay ?

And How much for postage (UK)?

And how did you pay (D/D etc)
Michael
Occasional Visitor

Gozzy,

I paid 92 Euros for the H203E with iPAQ 36xx cable and 13 Euros for shipping to the UK.

I paid via PayPal and the item arrived within 2 days.

Michael
Dominuscanus
Occasional Visitor

Hi i've just received my dell axim and bought also the Haicom 203E gps and cableset for the Axim. I have installed Tomtom navigator, but for some strange reason, i cannot get the thing to work. When i view the GPS status there no connection to any satelite. It's like the software make connection to the GPS receiver. (Maybe a problem with the com port ?) Can anyone please help me ?
Pc-Mobile
Frequent Visitor

Axim does not behave like other PPC as far as connecting to GPS is concerned.

Haicom should be the best place for support as probably only ones who have used the same set up can help you.

I do not think there are many of those who is also browsing these forums.
Pc-Mobile
Frequent Visitor

If it might help at all, see here:

http://pc-mobile.net/aximnote.htm

Jon Bowes
Occasional Visitor

Global Positioning Systems are selling Haicom GPS with cables for £83.46 inc VAT and 2-4 day delivery or £86.98 next day delivery

http://www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk/viewprod.php?product_id=159

Spotlight Guides

jonathan.bowes@spotlightguides.co.uk
Doghead
Regular Visitor

Just bought one of these for Axim from www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk with next day delivery.

Will take my chances re the possible connection issues (nice link Pc-Mobile re possible fixes).

www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk assure me they have the Axim version, even though Haicom's own site doesn't state they do the Axim model.

www.haicom.com.tw/products.htm
Dave
Frequent Visitor

I can confirm that there is a Haicom cable out for the Dell Axim.
Doghead
Regular Visitor

The cable came with a sticker attached to the cig plug saying Dell TTL.

Out of the box it took quite a few minutes to get a fix and then a couple more minutes to go from grey bar to red, but it seems to work okay. 4 to 6 sats.

So far only driven up and back down our home road to test and seemed accurate enough. Will take it out for a run properly when my own car is returned back to me later today.
loopy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Haicom 203E cable set for Dell Axim Reply with quote

Dominuscanus wrote:
Hi i've just received my dell axim and bought also the Haicom 203E gps and cableset for the Axim. I have installed Tomtom navigator, but for some strange reason, i cannot get the thing to work. When i view the GPS status there no connection to any satelite. It's like the software make connection to the GPS receiver. (Maybe a problem with the com port ?) Can anyone please help me ?

Crying or Very sad I had exactly the same problem but mine had been working for some time and then it just stopped. I could not find what was causing the problem so as a last resort I changed from the haicom GPS and purchased the TomTom GPS receiver and cradle. It is much better and as yet (touch wood) I have not had any problems.

Loopy

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: