Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Does anyone have this problem with 2610 ??
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Does anyone have this problem with 2610 ??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jondw1970
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:40 pm    Post subject: Does anyone have this problem with 2610 ?? Reply with quote

After a while in the car...the SP2610 starts to exhibit what looks like condensation in the middle of the screen!

It got so bad on my 1st model that Garmin replaced it with a new one..

But it does the same!

Ive tried it in a different car (in case one was generating heat etc) - but doesnt seem to matter if the suns in/out or the car heater on/off

It doesnt seem to affect the units performance, but surely shouldnt 'be there' in the 1st place??

Anyone else seen this??
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How hot or cold do you usually keep the drivers compartment ?
Do you constantly have the cold blower or hot blower on ?
Do you have heat/cold air blowing constantly onto the windscreen ?

If the answer to all of those are no/never then there's no reason why you should be getting condensation behind the screen. The 2610 is a sealed unit to IPX7 standards which means it's waterproof and shouldn't let in water, so either the unit is getting too hot (or cold) on the outside and it's compensating for this inside and it's fogging up, or there's a major issue here.

I don't have a 2610, but have used one for a few weeks and didn't experience any issues with it, and I haven't heard of anyone else complaining of this.
rob_bot
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Because the 2610 is watertight, any moisture that enters the unit when the CF door is open will condensate when the CF door is closed and place in the heat. Do you open it and load the CF in a damp place or keep it open in humid conditions?

To solve the problem, open the door while on and in the sun to let it breath, the condensation on the screen will soon disapear.

Well it did on mine..
jondw1970
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 10:20 am    Post subject: Condensation - possible solution! Reply with quote

Hi, thanks for the replies...

I dont open the CF card door, or store in damp conditions (far from it actually) - however....

After speaking to Garmin, it seems that on the back of the 2610 there are a set of 4 x small holes (located directly under the x-head screw in the back/centre of the unit.

If you have the 2610 in the 'closed' positon then these holes are actually 'blocked' - and these holes allow the unit to 'breathe'

Thats Garmins theory anyway...I will try shortly...

If it doesnt solve it, they are going to replace for me....

Thanks

Jon

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: