Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - is this what i am expecting?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

is this what i am expecting?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tongtong
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:55 pm    Post subject: is this what i am expecting? Reply with quote

i bought a navman icn 510 i week ago. i have been (trying to) using it and wanted to know is this what we expect from this product?
i put a post code and clicked on go. it started prompting. i waited for a while to start my car , the prompting goes on. keep left 3rd exit... etc etc. by the time my car is out of the driveway it says u have reached your destination. whew... that was quick. it goes on its own speed regardless of where i am. all this time the gps reception showed green probably meaning i am receiving signals. i have tried resetting and repeated the whole thing. same results... i have read the manual two times full. it does not say anything i am not aware of.
this is my first gps and i bought it after reading the forums here. is there something i am doing wrong? or is something wrong with my device? or is this what we normally expect from this? Sad
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you be in demo mode?
tongtong
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:06 pm    Post subject: Could you be in demo mode? Reply with quote

how can i switch to the normal mode?
Simon1
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to Settings - Routing - page forward twice and uncheck "demonstrate Route" (actually you may as well uncheck all three options on that page.)
tongtong
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thnaks it has worked. but for a new user this is difficult on the first day.and there was no info on the quick start guide regarding this. i later found it near the end of the manual.
thanks anyway. its working fine. i am looking forward to explore the downloading part now

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: