Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - HI-204S Sometimes Doesn't Come Up
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

HI-204S Sometimes Doesn't Come Up

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HandyMac
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 11:33 pm    Post subject: HI-204S Sometimes Doesn't Come Up Reply with quote

A slightly odd problem. I have an HI-204S (I think that's the one, might just be a HI-204E though, the box it came in isn't clearly marked which). Quite frequently I get no red light at all and the PDA doesn't connect.

I've tried removing the power for a few minutes and resetting the PDA but it doesn't seem to reset the HI-204 - I get no red light.

Then I'll start the car the next day and a big red LED will be shining out from the blue thing stuck on the dashboard.

Is this normal behaviour or have I potentially got a dodgy device?

Andrew
Advent
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too have a similar problem last Thursday used the GPS got to my destination switched off returned to my car then realised the map was not scrolling. Reset my Ipaq 2210 no joy that little red led flashes slowly but no GPS info on the GPS page (using TomTom 3). Got home removed the program from the Ipaq, reset then reinstalled the program still no joy. Received mine from my son for Christmas he bought it on E bay...Help needed is there an importer main dealer in the UK I can contact about this problem....E mail me ...Thanks......
Kirium
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
a bit late in the reply, but any searching for haicom 204s info might read this...

I bought a 204s last jan 2004. Worked great, good fix times, high satellite numbers Smile ran for a year with no problems, when the weather changed after winter 2005 and the sun came out, problems !

Basically the warmer the interior of the car got the worse the gps performance got... when running the gps driver (3.07) on a cool day the transfer of data rate was continuous, on warm days it got worse, directly linked with the increase in temperature. After much experimentation i came to the above conclusions.

As the unit was out of guarantee i took it to bits, lots of dry/cracked solder joints, the built in magnet had even pulled off one of the shielding cans !! a pretty poor design i thought.

I've replaced it with a holux gr211, partly due to the 100% review on this site, partly because its maximum working temperature is 80 degrees centigrade and its maximum storage temperature is 100 degrees centigrade. That's hot. Very hot, indeed boiling temp for h2o. Don't remember the last time i boiled water in my car....

Hopefully i won't get the same problem again Smile
Kirium
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
a bit late in the reply, but any searching for haicom 204s info might read this...

I bought a 204s last jan 2004. Worked great, good fix times, high satellite numbers Smile ran for a year with no problems, when the weather changed after winter 2005 and the sun came out, problems !

Basically the warmer the interior of the car got the worse the gps performance got... when running the gps driver (3.07) on a cool day the transfer of data rate was continuous, on warm days it got worse, directly linked with the increase in temperature. After much experimentation i came to the above conclusions.

As the unit was out of guarantee i took it to bits, lots of dry/cracked solder joints, the built in magnet had even pulled off one of the shielding cans !! a pretty poor design i thought.

I've replaced it with a holux gr211, partly due to the 100% review on this site, partly because its maximum working temperature is 80 degrees centigrade and its maximum storage temperature is 100 degrees centigrade. That's hot. Very hot, indeed boiling temp for h2o. Don't remember the last time i boiled water in my car....

Hopefully i won't get the same problem again Smile

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: