Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - SmartST Version 4 Wishlist
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

SmartST Version 4 Wishlist
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navman Handhelds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Simon1
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick question, Tim - when do you intend for this wishlist to be sent onto Navman and have they given any indication when v4 might be released?
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I have sent the link to this thread to a couple of Navman employees, so they have it already. Also, SmartST 2005 has surfaced, on paper at least, as can be seen here. Having said that, I don't know if any of the "wishes" are going to make it into this or any future release of SmartST.
uffe73
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

58) Fix the bug in the speed display in navigation mode. At present, the speed value is displayed in increments of 3-4 km/h, while the speed shown on the GPS status screen has the correct resolution (i.e 1 km/h). The speed value should be the same in all screens.

59) Show the same information in the north-up-screen as in the 3D-screen. In some situations it's handy to use the north-up-screen while driving and then you want the same information to appear.

60) Improve the next-turn icons in the safety screen. I recall this was promised for V3 but there was no difference in the end...

61) Either remove the volume setting function or improve it. Today its function is identical to the volume control in Windows Mobile itself and doesn't make anyone happy. I would like to see a feature where the voice guidance in SmartST could be set separately from the Windows Mobile System sound level. I could then listen to music in the Media Player while driving and receive voice commands at a chosen volume. Best would be if the system sounds were muted (or lowered) when a navigation command came up - the way a built-in navigation system mostly works.

62) Fix the replay-trip-log function or remove it. At present, the button is dead
Garmin GPSMap 60CSx (SW ver. 3.70)
uffe73
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

63) Simplify the selection of custom POIs. It's just too time consuming having to go via the general POI item, selecting 'My POI', selecting the right POI file etc. It should appear as a separate menu item in the Destination menu, just like the Favourites.
uffe73
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim Buxton wrote:
Also, SmartST 2005 has surfaced, on paper at least, as can be seen here. Having said that, I don't know if any of the "wishes" are going to make it into this or any future release of SmartST.

Tim, are you sure that the SW release that they refer to as SmartST 2005 isn't the same as SmartST V3? The features listed in the press release shows nothing we haven't seen already in V3...

/Ulf
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I'm not sure, but it is advertised as 2005, not V3.
viking777
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont know the if you have had these before but for me what desperately needs to be done is:

1) Better map data-I am fed up with being directed down one way streets and closed roads.
2) More flexible avoid areas eg. one way avoid areas. This is one of the problems in the town nearest me I keep being directed the wrong way up a one way street but I can't put an avoid area in as on the return journey the route is perfectly valid.(and yes I have reported it)
3) The destination address search panel is a joke! Try looking for Stoke on Trent, it will pretend it doesn't exist unless you happen to know the postcode. Otherwise you have to find it by scrolling in and out of maps which is too painful for words.
icsys
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
63) Simplify the selection of custom POIs. It's just too time consuming having to go via the general POI item, selecting 'My POI', selecting the right POI file etc. It should appear as a separate menu item in the Destination menu, just like the Favourites.

(65) In addition to the above...
Provide a fourth column in the POI Editor to specify an area (town or city) so that when searching for a MY POI you can narrow down the search to a specific area. At the moment the 'area' box is greyed out for MY POI's and cannot be used.
TomTom GO
Anquet OS mapping
uffe73
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

66 ) Show all the journey information on the screen at the same time instead of forcing the user to toggle between Speed, Time, HDG, DTG, ETA and TTG. You need the stylus (or sharp finger tips) to change unit of information, which can be quite dangerous when you're driving.

67 ) Include HDG information in the 3D view (or even better, implement a compass function). At the moment you can only view HDG from the safety screen.

68 ) Change the routing algoritm in such a way that it uses the road name (if there is one) in the calculation. This is to prevent me from getting turn instructions while staying on the same road. Turn instructions shall ONLY occur when I need to LEAVE a specific road. The current excess of information (or even wrong information) can cause a lot of confusion. The problem seems to be the way the program handles certain intersections. I haven't tried any other navigation programs to compare how they treat these situations.
coconut
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two more from me :

In my view this one should be top of everyone's list - Make next version(s) available to existing users as an upgrade and at a discounted price :D

e.g. Anyone updating from Version 1 to Version 3 would have had to shell out the full price and then throw away the Version 1 software discs ( I have enough coasters now thanks ) Rolling Eyes

and ...

When not following a programmed route have the ability to :
Select map orientation to the direction of travel, and / or the 3d view.
V.3 only allows North up map to be displayed when not following a programmed route. 8)
Simon1
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coconut wrote:

When not following a programmed route have the ability to :
Select map orientation to the direction of travel, and / or the 3d view.
V.3 only allows North up map to be displayed when not following a programmed route. 8)

Not quite. You can follow a programmed route in 2D, North Up by pressing ESC when in 2D mode. It flips between a static map and a following one. Still not 3D though.
coconut
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon,

Don't think I explained myself too well and you haven't grasped what I would like Embarassed

With the GPS turned on but NO route programmed in, then the only map option I seem to have is in 2D North Up mode Sad

I would like the other map modes, such as the 2D one orientated to direction travel, and the 3D view to be available when no programmed route is being followed - these views ARE available when following a programmed route Smile
Simon1
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aah, I see the problem. I use an icn510 which allows u to do these things but I see you're using the software with a different unit altogether. It works on the 510!
BBB
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<Grrr>

I run with what coconut suggest but with one major difference

The upgrade from v3 to v4 should not be discounted at all.

Nope, not 1 penny, not a dime, a euro cent or a dollar cent.

The upgrade from v3 to v4 should plain and ordinarily be free

'Nuff said

</Grrr>
uffe73
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

69 ) Enable showing of speed when no route has been set. Why not replace the "next turn" icon on the safe screen with a bigger speed reading in cases when no route has been set? This way you could use your system nicely as a more precise speedometer. Just a thought

By the way, isn't there time for a SP2 soon? Some of the things mentioned in this thread should, in my opinion, be considered as bugs rather than improvements and should be fixed with a service pack.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navman Handhelds All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: