Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Mobile on a C500 (ahem)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Mobile on a C500 (ahem)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:15 am    Post subject: TomTom Mobile on a C500 (ahem) Reply with quote

It just dawned on me last night when I went to put my TomTom Mobile SD card into my C500. Embarassed Damn it won't fit!

Of course TomTom are shipping SD and the C500 is Mini-SD.

SOOOOO, if you're looking to purchase TomTom Mobile for your C500, think Idea You can still use it by copyihg the SD onto a PC with a card reader, then down onto a mini-SD card, but it means extra expense!
clivers
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave
you'll have to let me know how you get on with the C500. i had the original SPV and it was in the drawer after 2 days...the only time i use it now is if i need MSN Messenger on the move..
what sort of deal did you get from orange?
thunderz2000
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 12:56 pm    Post subject: it dosent work Dave Reply with quote

copies onto mini sd via card reader and installs on c500

however for some reason C500 will not link to the mobile gps reciever unless im missing a new setting

Can you shed any light on this or is it still that the c500 does not support tom tom mobile..if so whats the point of putting it on the min sd card?

reagrds
stuartm
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 1:23 pm    Post subject: Re: TomTom Mobile on a C500 (ahem) Reply with quote

Dave wrote:
It just dawned on me last night when I went to put my TomTom Mobile SD card into my C500. Embarassed Damn it won't fit!

Of course TomTom are shipping SD and the C500 is Mini-SD.

I told you that last week.
stuartm
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: it dosent work Dave Reply with quote

thunderz2000 wrote:

however for some reason C500 will not link to the mobile gps reciever unless im missing a new setting

These are the instructions I was given for setting up the C500 for CoPilot, I assume they'll be similar for TomTom:

1. Remove any previous bonds made with a Bluetooth GPS Receiver.
1.1. From your Home Screen, Press 'START' then 'SETTINGS' then 'BLUETOOTH' then 'BLUETOOTH'
1.2. Press 'MENU' then 'DEVICES'. Select the device(s) and press 'MENU' then 'DELETE'
1.3. Exit out of this screen by pressing 'DONE'.

2. Configure your Bluetooth Serial COM Port
2.1. From your Home Screen, Press 'START' then select 'CONFIGURATIONS' then 'BT SERIALPORT SETUP'
2.2. Check the box next to 'OUTBOUND COM PORT'. This is usually COM7.
2.2.1. If already checked, uncheck it and press 'DONE' then start step 2 again.
2.3. Press DONE.

3. Turn Bluetooth On
3.1. From your Home Screen, Press 'START' then select 'SETTINGS' then 'BLUETOOTH' then 'BLUETOOTH'. Set it to ON.

4. Create a bond with your Bluetooth GPS.
4.1. Turn on your Bluetooth GPS Receiver.
4.2. From your Home Screen, Press 'START' then select 'SETTINGS' then 'BLUETOOTH' then 'BLUETOOTH'
4.3. Press 'MENU' then select 'DEVICES'
4.4. Press 'MENU' then select 'NEW' (Search for available devices)
4.5. In 'DISCOVERED DEVICES' it may take two minutes to find your GPS
4.6. When you Bluetooth GPS appears in the list, press 'SELECT'
4.7. Enter the passkey, 0000 and 'press DONE' (this is the most common, please check the userguide for your GPS Receiver if unsure)
4.8. Name the device, then press 'DONE'.

5. Set-up your CoPilot Software with your Bluetooth Receiver
5.1. From your Home Screen, Press 'START' then select 'COPILOT' then press 'DONE'
5.2. Press 'MENU' then select 'OPTIONS' then 'GPS' then 'GPS SET UP'
5.3. Set the 'COM Port' to '7' (or the COM PORT you assigned in step 2.2 if different)
5.4. Set the 'Baud Rate' to '4800'
5.5. Exit out of this screen by pressing 'DONE' (three times).
5.6. You’re now ready to start navigating!
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clivers wrote:
Dave
you'll have to let me know how you get on with the C500. i had the original SPV and it was in the drawer after 2 days...the only time i use it now is if i need MSN Messenger on the move..

Personally I like it. I hate eraser sticks on laptops and the E200 I've been using (or Qtek 8080) is still difficult to hit the select button. The C500 is a breeze. The cursor pad and selector are superb, I can hit it near dammit every time. It doesn't take long to get used to like some review sites say!

thunderz2000 wrote:

TomTom are writing a fix for this. It's a known problem

stuartm wrote:
I told you that last week.

You expect me to remember that ? Laughing Hopefully there will be a fix soon.
thunderz2000
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:05 pm    Post subject: still no joy Reply with quote

followed y our prmpts for tom tom mobile input and although it sets up tom tom gps in the bluetooth list on the phone it will not find the gps...the e200 lockson right away
Skippy
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clivers wrote:
Dave

I've had a C500 for a couple of weeks now and I quite like it. The phone is barely bigger than my old Nokia 7210 and the battery lasts about 4 days (similar to the Noka). The phone software is well clunky not as slick as the Nokias but 1000 times more features.

Compared it to a mates older SPV and there is no comparison. The C500 is smaller and much thinner in comparison.

I can't say I like the 5 way navigation button very much, it's too easy to press up or down when you mean to click the button. You do get used to it but it takes some concentration. I see that there is another version with an indented nipple (on T-Mobile?) which looks like it would be more to my liking, but I wouldn't know until I tried it.

It was a pain to get the phone unlocked so I could install other applications on it, I wish Orange had not bothered locking it in the first place. It's a novelty to have DOOM and Space Invaders on a phone.

I got mine for free on a new Orange connection Orange, 12 month contract @ £15/month 120 xnet minutes and 30 texts included. 8)

Just waiting for CoPilot Smartphone to arrive now. :D
clivers
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

got mine for free on a new Orange connection Orange, 12 month contract @ £15/month 120 xnet minutes and 30 texts included. <<<<where did you get this?
MalT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soooooo,
Does TTM work on the C500 yet?
Ta
Mal
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TT Mobile does not currently work with the C500. A fix is being tested and will be made available once this testing has been completed but for now the C500 is not a supported model as far as TT Mobile is concerned.
MalT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks..... I wait a little bit longer for my upgrade then.
Mal
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a fix I'm testing as I type this.
Skippy
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clivers wrote:
got mine for free on a new Orange connection Orange, 12 month contract @ £15/month 120 xnet minutes and 30 texts included. <<<<where did you get this?

From the Orange shop down the High Street! :P The phone was supposed to be £79.99 but they gave me a £79.99 discount. I think it is only available for new connections.

I really don't know how these mobile phone companies work, maybe they figure they will make money out of the GPRS and value added features on the phone? Either way, it's a lovely phone and the price plan is fantastic value. :D
thunderz2000
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:08 am    Post subject: tom tom fix Reply with quote

Dave how does the fix u are testing work out..does it enable the c500 to work..please keep us posted

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: