Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Survey: TTN3, Do you get BT lockups and your flash card.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Survey: TTN3, Do you get BT lockups and your flash card.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chocki
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 8:50 am    Post subject: Survey: TTN3, Do you get BT lockups and your flash card. Reply with quote

Hi all,
This problem with BT lockups and TTN3, currently affects some users, and would appear to be memory card related.

Could you please post your specs here even if you don't get any problems so that it can be determined if this is indeed a problem with certain makes of card, or at least find one that works.

Thanks.

Me.

Lockups on Toshiba E750, TTN3.03, BT 3.03, SD Integral 256MB(0336 TA7501 H Made in Japan).
simkna
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No lockups at all for me. :D

Ipaq 2210, TTN3.03, BT 3.03, CF Sandisk 256Mb(AR0308UF China), Fortuna Clip on BT GPS.

Si.
nej
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not done a thorough test, but using my 2210, TT3.04 setup with the maps on a 128MB CF card with my Fortuna GPSSmart I don't get lockups, unlesss I run an MP3 player on the PPC as well - then it drops the bluetooth every few minutes.

I'm guessing with the overhead to cope with bluetooth and to play MP3's is too much, which is a real shame because I had it all running nicely through the car stereo with very loud directions imposed over the music. Crying or Very sad
Mearns
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5 lockups in 20 miles a few days ago, but yesterday none at all on the same route. Have not changed anything in between.
hmalan
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HP 1940 TT3 SD card Kingston 256MB Bluetooth GPS

I have had my system since January 2004 and have never experienced any lock ups, using both TT2 and then the TT3 upgrade, until today when it occured about 20 mins into the journey. This was the second time I have used the system since updating with version 3.03.

I also noticed that it now wants to take me a differant way on a route I use regular, which appears to be out of my way !

I use the system about twice a week and the above event free journeys includes a trip to Le Mans in France using the major roads of europe maps

Alan

Smile
PeteT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get lockups on

Ipaq 2210, TTN3.04T, BT 3.03, SD Lexar 256Mb, Fortuna Clip.

The lock ups stop when i disable the POI's.

Pete
DWhite
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI,
I have been getting lock ups for the last 2 days. Read the forums and downloaded the ROM update...no help...just downloaded the BT update from HP will see how that goes.

Noticed fewer lockups when Checkpoint was not running

2210,Rikaline 6030 BT,TTN 3.03(427), 128MB MMC/Multimedia memory card from PDA Mods, Checkpoint 3.2, GPSWorld POI safety Camera overlay
redcap
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to have BT lockup when using Sandisk SD128Mb.
Now I'm using Sandisk CF 512 Ultra, and no more lockups, even with lots of POI's enabled.

HP Ipaq 2210 | Rom version 1.10 | BT GPS Receiver | TTN 3.03 | GPS driver 3.03 | GPSAssist 2.1.1.0
xda
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whilst I don't use Bluetooth, as I have a wired TT GPS reciever. running with the profile below but with a XDA it never locked up.
Having just upgraded to a XDA II with everything re installed and the same SD card, I am getting lockups on every trip, sometimes after 10 min sometimes it lasted for 30 min before a lockup.

This morning I had a 2 hour drive to work having removed CheckPOInt v2.02.0 no lockups going or returning.

The only differance as far as I'm aware is that the XDA was windows 2002 were as the XDA II is windows 2003.

I still have all the POI files on the SD Card that I had on the XDA i.e. 18 POI files and BMP's, Neils UK postcode database.

It seems like in my case that CheckPOInt is to blame. any other thoughts?

PocketGPS
Map: Europe V910.4892
Map: Europe_Truck V870.3421, Kingston 8GB SD
Nokia 925 Windows 8
alienrider
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I have had no lockups (so far) with the setup in my sig. Installed the new vers yesterday, after resisting for so long after hearing the bad reports with the 2210. I only installed it as I was doing a hard reset and doing a full manual install of all the apps.

TTN is installed on the CF card, where I have the choice. Nothing TTN related is on the the SD card. I have the ROM update 1.10 and afterwards applied the SDIO update as ROM update 1.10 was having issues with reading the SD quickly enough during a soft reset start up, which with the update were sorted.

I have run it on two 40 min journeys so far and have had no hassles so far. There are a huge number of minor and one major updates in the mapping data in my area which are very impressive.

If anything changes in the lockup stakes I'll edit this post.

EZ

B
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No lockups with TT3.04 Traffic and TT BT GPS on iPAQ5550 with Panasonic 1GB SD Card. Using lots of POIs and POI-Warner along with Traffic-I at the same time.
alienrider
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D'oh !

Forgot to attach my sig in Profile ! Here is my (no lockup) setup to go with my above note !

Setup:
iPaq 2210
Transcend 512MB CF
Panasonic 512MB SD
Socket BT GPS
TTN v3.01 (upgrade from TTN2)
GPS 3.00 402/400

EZ

B
Andy_Webster
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

I've been running TT3.03 and GPS 3.03 for about a week now. On my iPAQ 2210 (ROM 1.10) with 256 MB Kingston SD card and the TT BT GPS I have experienced relatively frequent instances of "GPS position unreiable" which is generally resolved within a few seconds. Only once has this not been resolved and the BT connection was dropped which required a soft reset to resolve.

When everyone refers to the BT dropouts, are they talking about the momentary faults or faults that need remedial actaion by the user?

Andy
Pessable
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 8:34 am    Post subject: BT 2210 Problems Reply with quote

I have a 2210 (ROM 1.10), Fortuna ClipOn BT GPS, TTN 3.04T, GPS 3.03. I re-installed the 3.04T Traffic Plugin twice as per advice from TomTom support. The maps are installed on an SD card - branded "Integral.memory.com" - how do I tell if this is one of the notorious SanDisks?. I have been plagued with the unit requesting me to confirm the BT device at regular intervals since I got the unit about 5 weeks ago.

Sometimes the system will work for extended periods of time (I even made it back from Edinburgh to the Midlands successfully once - shortly after installing the 3.04T/3.03GPS updates) but most of the time it will pop up every few minutes asking me to confirm the Bluetooth device. It does this also when I start Navigator which seems strange since the ClipOn is the only GPS receiver (I assume that's what "SPP slave" means) configured and so you would think it could tell the difference between that and my mobile phone (6310i). Why does it even need to ask at launch let alone every few minutes?

Sometimes when the BT panel comes up unexpectedly its as if the dialog box doesn't finish drawing and the unit locks completely and I have to do a soft reset. Not ideal when you're driving and I got the system to stop me trying to map read whilst on the move.

It's such a pity because when it works I'm perfectly happy with it. I haven't tried turning off the POI's yet - will try that today - but other than that can anyone recommend a cheap wired GPS receiver!

----------
Pessable
SPY
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have frequent lockups/freezes with the combination below.
I have to run with POI disabled otherwise I get a lockup within 10-15 mins.

iPAQ 2210 -Rom 1.10 - Holux GR-230 BT GPS - TTN3.03 - GPS 3.03 256mb SD card unbranded (believed to be kingston) made in Taiwan.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: