Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom GO POI Speedcamera POI database
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom GO POI Speedcamera POI database
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

at the moment POICapture only works with version 5.202

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
spot
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Just downloaded the latest Safety Camera database for December, thanks very much yet again!
Polite question - there appears to be no "Specs tba" file - is this a deliberate change, or an oversight?
Cheers
Spot
Bob_W
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spot wrote:
Hi
Just downloaded the latest Safety Camera database for December, thanks very much yet again!
Polite question - there appears to be no "Specs tba" file - is this a deliberate change, or an oversight?
Cheers
Spot

Hi Spot,

I have also noticed there are no *.bmp and *.ov2 files for the "specs tba", I was hoping there would be a message relating to this, I have used the Specs tba files from last month just in case, after all there is nothing lost by using them!

Regards,

Bob.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the idea of "to be advised" is that hopefully someone will advise, so eventially ALL "tba" cameras should disappear.
Have you tried browsing on the map to one of the old ones, to see if it now has a speed attached?
spot
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Andy
No I have'nt checked because I just deleted the old files and inserted the new ones! One learns by ones mistakes. - So, are there now no unknown SPECS? If any appear I guess by your comments the TBA file will come back, is that how it works?
It is of interest to me as I visit Nottingham very briefly about every 2 months and they seem fanatical about SPECS there! Evil or Very Mad
Not many at present in my home area though.
Cheers
Spot
Frazz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Comparing the number of cameras in the readme.txt files with each release, there appear to be less SPECs overall (drop from 137 to 103 when compared to v. 3.114) and also less temp cameras (99 to 84). Is this unusual in these days of ever increasing camera numbers?

Frazz Confused
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant answer for the SPECs cameras, they are often confused with traffic flow cameras though.

The temporary ones will ebb and flow as roadworks are started and completed.
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frazz wrote:
Comparing the number of cameras in the readme.txt files with each release, there appear to be less SPECs overall (drop from 137 to 103 when compared to v. 3.114) and also less temp cameras (99 to 84). Is this unusual in these days of ever increasing camera numbers?

Frazz Confused

There was a reference to misplaced Specs in the 3.114 which have now been taken out and would account for the figure dropping.

As to the Temps. A lot of Roadworks were completed in time for Christmas, which then accounts for that reduction. I know of 4 within 6 miles of me.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
Barsnake
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob_W wrote:
spot wrote:
Hi

I have also noticed there are no *.bmp and *.ov2 files for the "specs tba", I was hoping there would be a message relating to this, I have used the Specs tba files from last month just in case, after all there is nothing lost by using them

So Some Have Been Removed, As You Mentioned Above
But Have All The specs_tba's Been Speed Rated Now
Any Comment Please Richard

Least That Could Mean A Extra Custom POI Space Now
CoPilot Versions
No Room Left On The Daskboard!
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob_W...
Just re-read your reply
Quote:
No I have'nt checked because I just deleted the old files and inserted the new ones!

but your original post says
Quote:
I have used the Specs tba files from last month just in case

So, if you have still got a tba category on your machine, what I meant is you could do a search on "browse map" for one of the Specs tba from your old file and if all they have been speed-rated now, then you should also find one of the new ones in the same place.
(There seems to be no standard as to which icon goes on top, so once you are looking in the right place you may need to switch off the old POI temporarily in order to see the icon for the new one).

Hope that makes sense! :D I would check myself because I HAVE still got the last few months downloads, but I sent my TomTom off for repair today Crying or Very sad
Barsnake
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
:D I would check myself because I HAVE still got the last few months downloads,

Can't Believe I Did'nt Think Of That

NOV - specs_tba Shows 6 Positions
All Are In The specs_60 Now (Dec) (A77 Scotland Ayr'ish)

CoPilot Versions
No Room Left On The Daskboard!
shinyautos
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:45 pm    Post subject: Help! :-S Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

I've got a Tom Tom 300 Nav.

Just installed all the gatso specs etc software and it all seemed to work ok today on my way into london.

Only thing is it doesn't show on the menu like this:

Can anyone help me on that one at all? Confused

Apart from that it looks and works pretty well, it picked up everyone i went passed so thumbs up!!!

Also looking at adding the voice option, where can i find that? Wink

I think it'd be wicked if you could have your own images on the start up of the tom tom! Not sure if thats possible!?

Thanks again guys! :D :D :D :D
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum Smile

The camera database and the POI capture software are two completely different things.
You can have the database installed and log new cameras or any other POI manually. But if you want to install the capture software you'll need to downgrade your operating system version to 5.202 and install the software (see the same page as the camera download for details). If you want to get the icon for the program on the first page as well you will need to install the custom menu files too.

Adding voices involves replacing a file called data.chk with a custom version. There are different versions for each software version.

Adding a startup or "splash" screen is the easiest thing. You need to add a file called "splash.bmp" to the memory card. It can be any picture but needs to be saved in a specific size and format.

All of these are well-discussed topics here and on the MyTomTomGo.com forums. Your best bet is to do a search for the words "POI capture", "Voice" and "splash", there's lots to read!
Jelly
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:58 pm    Post subject: Specs Cameras Reply with quote

Whilst on this subject, how long will it be before the specs speed categories are included as part of POI-Sync? I can now download and update all the other camera categories with one touch of a button in POIEdit - great piece of software btw. It would be nice to be able to do this for the complete set. Other than that, think you guys are doing a great job.
AlanHaywood
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 11:48 pm    Post subject: There are no files to download for speed cameras Reply with quote

Can someone please give me the file to download the speed camera database. I paid for this when I bought my new Tom Tom, I can't find on this site anywhere any files to download. All I can find is how to install. If I can't find the files, I can't install!

Have they been removed from the site? Someone, please help me and send me the download!!!!

Thanks

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: