Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Fugawi UK/Fortuna/Tungsten T problems
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Fugawi UK/Fortuna/Tungsten T problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnM
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 12:33 pm    Post subject: Fugawi UK/Fortuna/Tungsten T problems Reply with quote

I find that the Fugawi software will often not recognise my Fortuna gps unit despite it being set up as a trusted device. It will ask me for the passkey three or four times before giving the message "port not opened".
On other occasions it can't even be bothered asking for the passkey and just displays the message "port not opened". Sometimes it connects with no problem!
Has anyone else suffered similar problems? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
John
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure this is a Fugawi problem? Sounds more like a general issue with BlueTooth...

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
JohnM
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure at all :D but I assumed that as I can set the gps up as a trusted device the problem could well be with the Fugawi software.

Cheers
John
bournea
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John
I have just bought myself a Fortuna Clip-on and Fugawi UK to run on my Palm Tungsten T.
I installed Fugawi and turned on the Clip-On and started getting exactly the same question as yourself.
I notice no one else has answered you, have you managed to fix it?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Adrian
bournea
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John
I think I have worked out the problem - mine worked and then would not work again.
I think it has to do with the way Fugawi is shut down when communicating on Bluetooth to the Clip-On.
After deleteing, reseting reloading everything (including Plam Desktop and drivers) I got the Plam with Fugawi to communicate with the Clip-On.
There was only the once, when finding trusted devices that I had to enter the passkey.
Then later I shut the Palm up or pressed the off key or something, whilst Fugawi and the Clip-On were working. Then when I started the Palm and Fugawi later the passkey question came again and again and bluetooth never worked again.
I tried deleting the trusted device and re-finding but to no avail.
So what I did was a hardware reset on the Palm and erased all the data.
Re-initialised everything including finding a trusted bluetooth device - entered passkey once.
Set-up Fugawi again on the PC and did a hotsynch.
Started Fugawi and after setting the connection to Bluetooth 38400 and re-starting Fugawi again, the connection was made to the Clip-On again with no questions asked.

So I suspect the problem is caused by not stopping Fugawi first before turning off the Palm which left the Bluetooth connection in a state that could not be recovered from.

I feel this is very fragile system design, but will just have to remember to shut down fugawi first, unless anyone else out there can help with a setting on the Palm or something.

Hope you get it working John
Cheers
Adrian

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: