Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - ukpostcodes
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

ukpostcodes
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
damfoose
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TotalNewbie wrote:
Go back to Easy Devices site - there are instructions on the site.

I have been through the forums on www.easydevices.co.uk and been unable to find the install instructions I used the search forums but it kept giving me items to buy do you have a link please ? sorry to be a pain
TotalNewbie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:14 am    Post subject: Post code instal instructions Reply with quote

I am not sure how to put the required link in this message, but if you go to the Easydevices web site and click on Downloads from the menu across the top of their page, you are taken to the download page and the second item on the page provides instructions for installing the Postcode programme.

I also have inserted a copy here for your convenience. Hope it works Ok for you - I think its a cracking programme!!

Start of copy:

Step One
First of all you need to download and unzip the release into a temporary location. The full package is a large download (11.5MB) which includes the initial release of the database, so be patient if your link is slow.

The zip file contains five files: ukpostcode.dat which is the database, ukpostcode.exe which is the application used for the look-up, setup.exe which installs the TomTom hook, TTNControl.ini which controls the install, and TTNControl.arm.CAB which is the actual interface to TTN.

Step Two
Place your PocketPC in the cradle and connect to the PC using ActiveSync.

Step Three
Note that if you've already got CheckPOInt installed you don't need to complete this step. CheckPOInt will already have installed the necessary TTN support files. Simply carry on from step four.

Use Windows Explorer to copy the 'TTNControl.arm.cab' file to the 'My Documents' folder on your PPC. Then, using File Explorer on the PPC, locate this .cab file and double tap to install it. The .cab file will self delete following installation.

Step Four
Use Windows Explorer to browse your PocketPC. Locate your storage card, create a folder called 'ukpostcode' on the storage card and copy ukpostcode.exe and ukpostcode.dat to it. It is important that the .exe file is in the same folder on the PocketPC as the .dat file, or it won't work.

Finally, create a shortcut to ukpostcode.exe and drag it to the "Windows\Start Menu\Programs" folder on the PocketPC (don't drop it in \windows\programs - it won't appear anywhere). This allows you to use the usual PocketPC method to attach ukpostcode to one of your hardware keys, or make it appear in your main menu. Having it hooked to one of the hardware keys is a particularly convenient way of accessing the program when TomTom is running.

Using the program
Simply start the ukpostcode program using the shortcut you created in step four above, from your start menu. Type in a postcode and click on either "Show on map" or "Navigate to", as appropriate. If all is well, TTN should automatically pop up in either map mode or navigator mode.

End
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

damfoose wrote:
I have been through the forums on www.easydevices.co.uk and been unable to find the install instructions I used the search forums but it kept giving me items to buy do you have a link please ? sorry to be a pain

The instructions are on the same page as the download, here.
damfoose
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the information folks. I had not gone to the download page as I already had the software from the digitools site but had forgotten to copy the install instructions to notepad for later as at the time I had not recieved my PDA I have it now and im more than happy with it I just wish that the tomtom would not lag as much as it does.
damfoose
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay easy peasy installed and working straight away, just goto get a faster SD card for the axim now though as tom tom is about 300 yards behind me when im driving. dough just when you thought you had the correct stuff I made a right old mistake with the card bought some cheeper Dane-elec stuff two 512 meg cards suppose they are good for putting other stuff on though.
mrtaximan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:28 am    Post subject: thanks all Reply with quote

i now have the speed camera software and ukpostcodes working100% thankyou to everybody that helped me
brigadoom
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:03 pm    Post subject: ukpostcode Reply with quote

uk postcodes

i have been looking for this software for a awhile and followed some of the links on these pages but they all seem to be dead ends any help???
brigadoom
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:17 pm    Post subject: uk postcodes Reply with quote

lots of people have dowmloaded these files they must be available somewhere some how ???
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's bad form to duplicate post the same query in multiple threads, see my response here.
brigadoom
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:05 pm    Post subject: wild goose chase Reply with quote

your response, here seems, to be to send people on wild goose chases, as i dont see what traffic camera overlays has to do with UK Postcodes.
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren's reply means it's not necessary, or polite, to post the same question in two places. Also the response gets dis-jointed because some people will follow one thread and others will follow the second thread.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
brigadoom
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks old boy some peolple are blunt to the extreme and i will refrain from posting twice in future
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: wild goose chase Reply with quote

brigadoom wrote:
your response, here seems, to be to send people on wild goose chases, as i dont see what traffic camera overlays has to do with UK Postcodes.

My apologies, that was not the link I had intended to post! I meant to link to your duplicate post which I had already answered here.
brigadoom
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

intersting link shame it wont work for the Navigon Mobile Navigator 4

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: