Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Mount Recommendation for my situation..
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Mount Recommendation for my situation..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hameed
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Mount Recommendation for my situation.. Reply with quote

I purchased the 5450 and the Socket Bluetooth GPS Nav kit package which includes the software, GPS unit and a dual car charger both for the Ipaq and the GPS Unit. So far I'm extremely impressed with the package!

However, when I purchased the 5450 I knew that the speaker volume would be low (not that low) so I now need a mount that will allow me to use it in 2 cars and a solution for the volume problem. I've heard that you can use a Bluetooth Earpiece… is this any good and would you recommend taking this route as having an earpiece on your ear for hours doesn’t quite sound appealing.

I’ve checked the Arkon Multimedia review but I also don’t like the sound of having to place all the cables in it every time I need to remove the unit. How long does this actually take to do and will I have to take off my protective plastic casing that came with the Ipaq as I would like to keep this on.

Thanks to all for your help,

Hameed

Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Mount Recommendation for my situation.. Reply with quote

Have you checked the CM656 review ? You probably wouldn't want the CM656 as this has the long arm and not the short arm, this I find is okay. It's quick and easy to remove it within just seconds. You do have more cables, but what I've done is gone to vent mounts now like CM429, on the CM656 you can remove the FM modulator from the back (it's just a block that slides off), and I then put that down near the handbrake, that way I can trail cables off nicely and hide them as this does need to be powered by the car battery, and I then link this to the Pocket PC with a 1m headphone (3.5mm) extension lead. Works a treat.

If you've got the default case that comes with it, you will probably want to take this off as you'll find it difficult navigating with that clipped on because you won't be able to touch the screen.
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

Hameed,

The 5450 does not have a profile for a BT Headset, but you can activate one by twiddling the registry. I dont have a BT headset myself so cannot comment on weather it works or the quality.

If you go to the HP site and search for bluetooth headset profile you should find details of the tweak.

Please be very careful if you decide to try this. PocketGPS does not accept any responsibility for any damage that may occur using this registry tweak.
ash_99
Occasional Visitor

Tried the registry edit on the 5450 used in conjunction with a nokia headset.

NO LUCK.

Couldn't get either of them to see each other.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: