Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Latest console version
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Latest console version
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
teamblakey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 6:11 pm    Post subject: Latest console version Reply with quote

I have just bought an Acer N35 from bargainBuys 365 with version 3.0.75 on the SD card. I have installed the Console software to my PC from the CD I received but I don't appear to have a favourites import button. My Destinator Console version is 3.1

I am wondering if I may have been supplied with an old version of Console. I am pretty sure that the maps on the CD's are older (2003) than those being adversised on the Destinator site as I accidentally began to install the UK and Ireland from the CD which replaced what I already had supplied on the SD card and found that towns I had previously been able to locate could no longer be located as the towns were not listed. Instead the towns were grouped together within a county "East Riding of Yorkshire".

Can anyone tell me what are the latest console and UK map versions? Are newer versions available for downlaod anywhere?
GPSinC3
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Console latest version with 3.0.75 is v 3.1.4, old one with no favourites import is v 3.0

Maps 3.0.75 are Navteq 2004 Q3 2764

I think you can get console from Czech and Israel sites, see some old threads but maps need parting with money to Destinator
GPSinC3
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Console latest version with 3.0.75 is v 3.1.4, old one with no favourites import is v 3.0

I think you can get console from Czech and Israel sites, see some old threads but maps need parting with money to Destinator
GPSinC3
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you can get console from Czech and Israel sites, see some old threads, but new maps need parting with money to Destinator Crying or Very sad
teamblakey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I think you can get console from Czech and Israel sites, see some old threads, but new maps need parting with money to Destinator

Thanks. I'll have a look through the old threads. I have e-mailed destinator support (as there is no UK support telephone number) but they have not responded at all - 2 weeks and still waiting!
turnip
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to the Consol folder inside the Destinator folder on your hard drive in there will be 'default.ini'. A few lines down is POII=0 change the 0 to 1 and restart the consol..et voila
rajivmehra
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:06 pm    Post subject: no replied from support Reply with quote

I am also having a hardtime with Destinator support. They do not reply to any e-mails, no-one picks up the phone , and their voice mail is full.

There used to be a time when you could simple call them and a very helpful person will answer the phone, but no more. I guess Destinator is not doing too well.

I hope they do not have a relapse of their financial problems some years back!
turnip
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm I've rung them 3 times and got a prompt response, I have also e-mailed them on 4 occasions and they replied immediately
teamblakey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Go to the Consol folder inside the Destinator folder on your hard drive in there will be 'default.ini'. A few lines down is POII=0 change the 0 to 1 and restart the consol..et voila

Brilliant! Thank you very much.
teamblakey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I am also having a hardtime with Destinator support. They do not reply to any e-mails, no-one picks up the phone , and their voice mail is full.

I have this week re-submitted my query to Detinator but this time to a european suppot address. The race is now on. I'll post the results as to who is quickest if and when I get a reply.
teamblakey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamblakey wrote:
Quote:

I think I got a bit ahead of myself there as the import button did indeed appear. However, when I try yo use it and download my convertated data I get the message that Destinator is not installed!!

Any ideas?
teamblakey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamblakey wrote:
teamblakey wrote:
Quote:

I think I got a bit ahead of myself there as the import button did indeed appear. However, when I try yo use it and download my convertated data I get the message that Destinator is not installed!!

Any ideas?

I don't want to waste anyones time on this, I have just discovered the solution on another thread. Rather than using the download feature you can simply copy the .Dat file from your PC. Details below:

Quote:
Ok, I finally got the Favorites Import to work. It actually creates a Favorites .DAT file and does not modify any map POIs. So selecting a map to do it is just a dumb design of the Console. The .DAT file has the same name as the Favorites Category. So you have to create a separate CSV file for each Category, because each category has a separate file.

On the PC the .DAT file gets written into the following folder:
C:\DestinatorApps\Installer\Console\IndepIndep\Favorites

You can either manually copy it to the PPC or click on Download on the Favorites Importer and it wil be copied to the PPC, after which it will be automatically deleted from the PC. So if you want to back it up, do that first.

The CSV format is really simple. Only 3 parameters are mandatory and they are: Name, Longitude, and Latitude. Just put commas to markoff the other ones.

The complete format looks like this:

Name,Comment,Longitude,Latitude,Zip Code,City,Street,Number

Version 3.0.75 is compatible with all older maps except for Israeli older maps. Thos would have to be specifically for 3.0.75.

Hope this helps everyone.
Fifer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't hold your breath waiting for a response to emails to Destinator Europe technical help. I've emailed them twice in the last 2 months and I'm still waiting. Rolling Eyes
marksfish
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I am a new owner of a Mio 168 which has Destinator 3 installed on it. I have found the threads about installing here very helpful. I have used the console to import the files I want and they have been imported to the favourites folder. I am assuming that to ensure the files are used, the checkboxes need to be ticked?

Thanks for your help.

Mark
marksfish
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay so with the boxes checked the camera files are in use (takes forever for Destinator to open though). I have replaced the default blue circles which show the cameras for the relevant picture files, now all I need to know is where to place the wav files? I have searched all of the folders and have to assume that they go in the "Voices" folder? Will they automatically sound as the graphics I have put in replaced those that were already present, whereas there is no gatso, specs, etc wav file already present?

Cheers

Mark

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Destinator All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: