Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - BT 16 Channel - 20 hour
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

BT 16 Channel - 20 hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pasgal
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear friends I have tried also in hill and in opened campaign, the nemerix e' always with red light on.

Sad
pasgal
dununda
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pasgal, Red light is supposed to be on. Red light indictes it has a fix as far as I know. Perhaps you have not paired the device correctly with whatever BT device you have. You should have a rapidly flashing Blue light to indicate pairing.
Where are you in Italy? I Just used my BT77 to drive from Geneva to Lago Maggiore in Italy and it worked fine.
dununda
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone give me an idea if leaving the BT77 on and connected to my new Citroens Berlingos 12v power supply overnight is likely to drain the battery signifigantly? The auxilary 12v outlets in my Berlingo are always powered even with the ignition off and because of their location in the overhead lockers it is a pain to unplug them. So I thought I would just leave the plug in and the BT77 on all the time and charging overnight.
My gut feeling is the current drain would be low and would take a few days to drain the car battery. Anyone got any thoughts on this.
ianrickycarmichael
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am having the same problem as brandi. have paired a bt 77 with nokia 7610 succesfully and am using tom tom mobile software. tom tom is saying its waiting for a valid gps signal and gps device is displaying a steady flashing red light on left and a steady flashing blue light on right -every 3 secs.could it be sonmething to do with installing the drivers to the phone incorrectly or is it something else-help please.
pasgal
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it does not receive marks them satellite, one possible solution: to start the nemerix and to put it over the external roof of an automobile until when the led red it flashes 1 every 3 second ones

ianrickycarmichael wrote:
a steady flashing blue light on right -every 3 secs

not communicate with nokia

excuse my terrible English

Smile
pasgal
Jenno
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:42 pm    Post subject: Is this the same Reply with quote

I think I have the same product differently branded - bought from PDAMODS for £60. Is this the same ???

If so where can I get som einstructions - I didn't get any with the unti (except very basic) and I'm struggling to get it to do anything.
pasgal
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Is this the same Reply with quote

Jenno wrote:
I think I have the same product differently branded - bought from PDAMODS for £60. Is this the same ???

If so where can I get som einstructions - I didn't get any with the unti (except very basic) and I'm struggling to get it to do anything.

www.diamondpoint.co.uk/ manuals/gps/quatech/GPSR-001B.pdf

by my friend

Smile
pasgal
pasgal
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Is this the same Reply with quote

Jenno wrote:

www.diamondpoint.co.uk/manuals/gps/quatech/GPSR-001B.pdf

by my friend

Smile
pasgal
Jenno
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Pasgal - now if it would only get a sattelite lock I'd be in business )oh and TT3 would stop crashing Crying or Very sad
flyjedi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've just got one of these bt77 bluetooth jobbies, and i'm trying to get it working with tomtom3 on my ipaq hx4700. i bought it to replace the cabled one i had.

so far i've had no luck getting it working.

i've paired the device, and in the bluetooth manager there is now a shirtcut to "BT GPS: SPP slave", which I can connect to throught he manager. i went to the gps control panel for tomtom, but i can't work out the settings (or something else is messed up) because it never shows any activity (on the status tab).

what settings should i select in the GPS tab?
iancjc
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dununda wrote:
Can anyone give me an idea if leaving the BT77 on and connected to my new Citroens Berlingos 12v power supply overnight is likely to drain the battery signifigantly? The auxilary 12v outlets in my Berlingo are always powered even with the ignition off and because of their location in the overhead lockers it is a pain to unplug them. So I thought I would just leave the plug in and the BT77 on all the time and charging overnight. My gut feeling is the current drain would be low and would take a few days to drain the car battery. Anyone got any thoughts on this.

I leave mine permanently powered via the rear power sockets (I forget to power it off most of the time) of my citroen c8 - no sign of the battery running down over a period of 4 days. As the little battery it comes with lasts 16 hours I guess the power drain is very low.

Previously I left a haicom bt unit plugged in for 5 months (removed the internal battery) - and had no problems at all. I use my car every day and drive 500 miles+ a week so the battery is always topped up - which may help.

I wouldn't leave anything plugged in if the car is being left for a period just common sense I guess.

Ian
iancjc
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyjedi wrote:
i've just got one of these bt77 bluetooth jobbies, and i'm trying to get it working with tomtom3 on my ipaq hx4700. i bought it to replace the cabled one i had.

so far i've had no luck getting it working.

i've paired the device, and in the bluetooth manager there is now a shirtcut to "BT GPS: SPP slave", which I can connect to throught he manager. i went to the gps control panel for tomtom, but i can't work out the settings (or something else is messed up) because it never shows any activity (on the status tab).

what settings should i select in the GPS tab?

try both the bt com (you want the incoming one) ports in the COM box and I use nmea v2 9600 in the gps type box.

Ian
flyjedi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorted. ionce i upgraded to the latest version of tomtom, it gave me an outgoing com port (com8) to choose. i use tomtom wireless gps with that and it works fine. pciks up a load faster than the standard tomtom wired one i was using as well
ianrickycarmichael
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 11:18 pm    Post subject: help please Reply with quote

i have a nokia 7610(same system as 6600) and version 4.400 of tom tom mobile the driver is v 1.20 and my gps receiver is a bt77.Phone is not receiving a valid gps signal but is paired with bt77 gps .gps unit sems fine -red light flashing on left and blue flashing on right every 3 secs.Can anyone suggest where ive gone wrong-could i have the wrong drivers and can i get them from anywhere.thanx for your help.
chime
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I've noticed that my unit is very bad at getting satellites when battery is low. (i.e. when there is only 1-2 hours left before the unit turns itself off).

In this state, it seems to do better if no devices are connected. Connecting devices seems to throw the thing off the scent.

Anyone else noticed similar problems?

Chime.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: