Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - BT 16 Channel - 20 hour
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

BT 16 Channel - 20 hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chime
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:46 am    Post subject: Re: Does anyone know if a standard UK Nokia charger can be u Reply with quote

phanco wrote:
does anyone know if it is plug-compatible with a Nokia phone charger ?

In principle yes, they are pretty much the same output voltage and current. However I just tried my Nokia charger on the BT77 and it don't fit (it looks like the centre pin is slightly to large).
phanco
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Does anyone know if a standard UK Nokia charger can be u Reply with quote

chime wrote:
phanco wrote:
does anyone know if it is plug-compatible with a Nokia phone charger ?

In principle yes, they are pretty much the same output voltage and current. However I just tried my Nokia charger on the BT77 and it don't fit (it looks like the centre pin is slightly to large).

I received my BT77 and (yahooo) it came with a full UK spec adapter. I also tried the standard nokia adapter and your right it doesn't fit. Thats a shame, as I was hoping to be able to use a nokia car lead so I can keep a lead in each car and not have to worry about carrying the car lead with me.

I am very impressed with the unit - got it working with TomTom on my 6600, gets good signal (usually 4/5 bars in TomTom) - even through the heat refelective windscreen on my Renault Scenic that seemed to give the TomTom BT some issues. So far used for about 12 hours without recharge so battery life looks spot on as well.
malcolm159
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For iancjc
Quote:
Any improvement?
If not all I did was charge the battery for 12 hours then took the battery out and left it for another 12 hours - I really haven't had one moments bother since then.
Hopefully you're ok now the only other thought is you have a very slow sd card - try loading a small map into memory or depenfing on your ppc install map on a cf card.
there were a lot of postings re bt dropouts and slow sd cards - most of which are old so I guess people upgrades the memory cards - you should also ensure that you are on tomtom 3.07 an d that the ppc has all the latsest updates etc.

Hi ,are you running your 2210 with the cf card now or the sd card ,I'm just about to use the above setup when my bt rx arrives using a sd card and was wondering as I'm new to all this and have just read there are problems with this pda with sd card and bt rx wheather to change to a cf card or just get rid of the 2210 pda and buy some thing that works.
Thanks in advance .
Regards maloclm
iancjc
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I'm using both the cf card and the sd card - I have the full gb map plus MRE on a crucial 256mb cf card (this is approx 4 years old - so I guess its v slow) and also on an elite pro (HIGH SPEED) kingston 512mb sd card I have the full gb map, plus france plus 6x 16mb uk sections (for use with my Tungsten E). I

I have no issues with bt dropouts using either card - before this I always used an IO data 256mb sd card for day to day use- never had a problem with bt dropouts. I only loaded up the cf card with maps when I thought the sd card was causing the bt drops.

The kinston card is a rebadged Panasonic made in Japan and cost 30 quid from ebuyer - excellent price and quality.

The only problem I have ever had with the 2210 and sd cards was with a sandisc ultra 256mb (made in China) card last year - this was an utter waste of time and didn't work in the ipaq or my digi camera - sandisc replaced it with a new one and I sold it - always try to get japanese cards for an easy life!

Ian
jayd
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got mine today albeit under a different alias [/url=http://www.inter-activeinformation.com/]This Model[url] but i must say im very impressed, after a holux gr 231 failing to work with my 6630 and TTM this device at half the price paired and worked instantly.
Being my first experience of a GPS device and sat nav i hurriedly took it out for a test and voila worked like a charm guiding me back from the hospital with no trouble at all. Very impressed with the receiver and TTM, now just to see how my Globalsat BT-338 shapes up when i recieve it next week. Either way im very impressed with this cheap device and will keep as a spare at the least.[/url=http://www.inter-activeinformation.com/]This Model[url][/url]
jayd
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jayd wrote:
I got mine today albeit under a different alias [/url=http://www.inter-activeinformation.com/]This Model[url] but i must say im very impressed, after a holux gr 231 failing to work with my 6630 and TTM this device at half the price paired and worked instantly.
Being my first experience of a GPS device and sat nav i hurriedly took it out for a test and voila worked like a charm guiding me back from the hospital with no trouble at all. Very impressed with the receiver and TTM, now just to see how my Globalsat BT-338 shapes up when i recieve it next week. Either way im very impressed with this cheap device and will keep as a spare at the least.[/url=http://www.inter-activeinformation.com/]This Model[url][/url]

Damn! I messed up the code and theres no way to edit
THIS MODEL
vybe232
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:19 am    Post subject: BT 77 GPS and sony ux50 (palm 5) PROBLEMS!!!!help:( Reply with quote

Hey everyone....

I just got myself a bt77 from ebay....and today was my first drive around town to test the unit out...

well not so good results....

I first paired the unit with my ux50, and that went fine...and overall mapping seems to work fine, but when i do driving directions (eg; mapping point a to point b) at times my map and progress on it just freezes....im not sure what is causing this i have lots of room in memory on my ux50....

SO...do you guys think the unit may be defective...it does work for general mapping, but driving directions, drop out tons...im not sure if its dropping the bluetooth connection...or if its a problem with the gps...

anyway...this thread seems to have the most expertise on solving problems...

what do you guys think i can do.....should i try to return it to the sender for a new unit??

thanks in advance guys...it did work on and off for driving directions, and when it did work, it was great....helpppppppppppppppppppp

by the way im using tomtom version 4.40 and i have selected OTHER GPS in tomtom when pairing.
bandi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:37 pm    Post subject: BT77 GPS and SPV C500 Pairing Problem Reply with quote

I am having problems pairing the BT 77 GPS receiver with my C500. The C500 says its paired but the BT 77 blue light flashes once every 3 seconds which implies no connection. Has anyone any ideas how I can get this pairing to work ? Crying or Very sad
iancjc
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mt bt77 only flashes every 3 seconds when its connected.

It flashes quickly when first turned on then flashes every 3 seconds whether or not its connected.

if its paired ok what gps app are you trying to connect to?

Ian
wildesy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:27 pm    Post subject: Re: BT77 GPS and SPV C500 Pairing Problem Reply with quote

bandi wrote:
I am having problems pairing the BT 77 GPS receiver with my C500. The C500 says its paired but the BT 77 blue light flashes once every 3 seconds which implies no connection. Has anyone any ideas how I can get this pairing to work ? Crying or Very sad

Got the the same problem here with my qtek 8080

Paired ok as BT GPS
Red light slowly flashing which i think means gps signal
blue ligth rapid flashing and then regular every 3 secs
tomtom starts with lost gps signal

tried the traffic update
tried renaming the BT GPS
tried restarting
tried tomtom without the BT GPS paired with the phone

nothing working

any ideas
bandi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx iancjc, I'll assume it is working then. Now to buy the software. I was hoping it would come with some basic nav software .. What works well with the BT77 ? TomTom or CoPilot or something else I am mostly interested in the safty cameras?
ianrickycarmichael
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 12:42 am    Post subject: nokia 7610 Reply with quote

i am looking for a gps receiver to use with my nokia 7610 and tom tom software i bought from e bay.Any suggestions.I have seen a bt77 receiver on e bay too but ned to know what to buy.Does it have to be a tom tom reciever etc?
pasgal
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello to all, you excuse me for English that I write, are Italian. I have problem with nemerix bought new BT77, red light led always on, not fix, no satellite. Help me for solutions. Thanks

pasgal Sad
bandi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pasgal, Have you tried using the receiver out doors (in the car), because it is very unlikely that you will receieve any signal indoors ( I'm sure some of the more experianced members will correct me if I am wrong).
jayd
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bandi wrote:
Pasgal, Have you tried using the receiver out doors (in the car), because it is very unlikely that you will receieve any signal indoors ( I'm sure some of the more experianced members will correct me if I am wrong).
I'm not an experienced member but i get a signal indoors with the same device, but your right you should definatly try it outside first.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: