Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Upgrading iPAQ NAv System
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Upgrading iPAQ NAv System

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navman Handhelds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bumpydog
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Upgrading iPAQ NAv System Reply with quote

Hi there, I have an iPAQ Navigation System (Navman sleeve) with Pocket CoPilot V2.1.11UK. Can I upgrade this to a Navman 3400 Voice using this existing sleeve (using a H3870). It has a 128Mb UK map mem card fitted. Do I have any other software options using this sleeve? Is the newer CoPilot software compatible (or desirable!)?

Thanks.
bumpydog
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Upgrading iPAQ NAv System Reply with quote

Sorry folks, should have added that a major bonus to me would be the mapping detail for Ireland if this sways my choice any other way!

M.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

I believe you can just purchase SmarTST Pro, but you might want to check with Navman first just in case as they lock their program to the receiver, and although the iNS receiver is Navman's, there maybe something different inside it.

The other option you have is upgrading to CoPilot 3.5UK/EU which is already out now, or upgrade to CoPilot Livewire (4) when it comes out shortly. You can find more details out about upgrade paths to CoPilot at Team Warrior who do the UK support for TravRoute CoPilot and the Compaq iNS.

Ireland support is very sketchy in most street routing software at present. CoPilot and Navman have limited support with a few major towns in Northern Ireland plus major roads, but that's about it.
bumpydog
Occasional Visitor

Just had confirmation from Navman that SmartST Pro will work on an iNS sleeve with the addition of a supplied driver. Just as well as I'd already ordered the upgrade :-)
bumpydog
Occasional Visitor

OK Folks, just to confirm that the SmartST upgrade installed perfectly on my iNS sleeve. The street mapping in Dublin seems pretty good but there is a distinct lack of locations that can be set as destinations :-(

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navman Handhelds All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: