Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - PocketGPS gets a spot on Channel 5's 5th Gear!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

PocketGPS gets a spot on Channel 5's 5th Gear!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:20 pm    Post subject: PocketGPS gets a spot on Channel 5's 5th Gear! Reply with quote

Some of you may have seen 5th Gear this evening. I've been in discussion with Jon Bentley the producer of the show with regards to GPS Safety camera detectors and the forthcoming legislation that may outlaw radar and laser based detection devices.

Anyway the result was a fantastic feature on the programme and an immediate meltdown as our site traffic trippled within minutes of the spot. It does serve to remind us all of the power of TV!

For new visitors a big welcome, if you do have trouble downloading the database please try again later this evening or tomorrow when the initial mad rush will have subsided a little, and now you're here be sure to come back regularly.

In the mean time if you can click here for our Speed Camera database page.

Last edited by Darren on Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Barsnake
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you Missed It 7.30pm Friday Repeat
Hold on Tight PocGPSworld Its Going To Be A Bumpy Ride
Podie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great publicity for the site!
BigSecret
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of interest, did you guys have any idea about the site plug before the program went to air?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes indeed, I have been talking with Jon on the subject of GPS based camera detectors and had explained how our database worked. He said they would be covering the topic with a specific mention for us and our database.
barb351
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found out about your great site from the program and have downloaded the infor to put in Autoroute. I did this but all the pushpins are black, not different colours as in the example on yoursite. Am I missing something.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you import each set of data, e.g. GATSO's or Mobile's you can right click after the import on one of them and select the DATA SET PROPERTIES and change the image and colour assigned to the Pushpin Data Set.

This is how we do it on our main map.
Nial
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:35 am    Post subject: Idiots guide required for novice! Reply with quote

Just like the billions of others who have now found your site courtesy of Fith Gear I was really keen to download your database (I think I just picked up a ticket last week in Thornley, so I'm still smarting a bit!). I'm a complete novice with all this stuff as I've just bought a iPAQ(1710) TomTom bundle, which has been great.

I've downloaded CeckPOInt on to the iPAQ and your database for Navigator 1 to my laptop. But now I've got no idea where to copy these files to on the iPAQ or how to get the whole thing working.

I've tried working through the instructions but I guess I really need a, IDIOTS guide to get me started!!!

Can someone help?!?!?

Thanks for taking pity on the unsophisticated - Laughing

Nial
rl
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 10:40 am    Post subject: Safety Camera Database - Page not Found Reply with quote

Whenever I click on the link I get a Page Not Found message. Has the safety camera database been removed? Does anyone have a copy they could mail me please?
Oldie
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 10:59 am    Post subject: Re: Safety Camera Database - Page not Found Reply with quote

rl wrote:
Whenever I click on the link I get a Page Not Found message. Has the safety camera database been removed? Does anyone have a copy they could mail me please?

I have emailed a copy to you :D

Richard
Oldie
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:05 am    Post subject: Re: Idiots guide required for novice! Reply with quote

Nial wrote:
Just like the billions of others who have now found your site courtesy of Fith Gear I was really keen to download your database (I think I just picked up a ticket last week in Thornley, so I'm still smarting a bit!). I'm a complete novice with all this stuff as I've just bought a iPAQ(1710) TomTom bundle, which has been great.

I've downloaded CeckPOInt on to the iPAQ and your database for Navigator 1 to my laptop. But now I've got no idea where to copy these files to on the iPAQ or how to get the whole thing working.

I've tried working through the instructions but I guess I really need a, IDIOTS guide to get me started!!!

Can someone help?!?!?

Thanks for taking pity on the unsophisticated - Laughing

Nial

Have you seen this http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=17702
compuserf
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm new here, have just been trying to get the safety cam database for the boss's TTG. The link still seems to be broken. If someone can mail the file to me I would be most grateful, and I can also post it on another server (with your permission).

TIA
David
arjay1_uk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just got Autoroute 2005 and trying to download safety camera database, but there seems to be a problem with the site for over a week now any ideas, can anyone help Please
Pipes
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Would anyone be kind enough to email the camera data base? I'm off on a long journey tomorrow, & I will be trying to avoid 3 more points to add to my 3 from last week!

I found this site a few weeks ago, & used its advice to buy the HP Rz1710 / Tom Tom bundle. I am very happy with it for newbies to this stuff, such as myself.

I would like to help out, so is there a link to a post on how to report camera locations?

Thank you,

Alan
alant806sp@yahoo.com
tomcat76
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even in the early hour's of Thursday morning with Steve Allen on LBC 97.3 who was talking about his TomTom Go and how he has just updated it to include speed camera's which he thought was marvellous.

I just had to text him with the details of the camera database and to watch it on Friday's top gear where he would learn more, and also that the database was free... he read out the text on air and I also received a thank you email from him.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: