Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - G2500 Update... anyone?.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

G2500 Update... anyone?.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
seidioseidio
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

semrots wrote:
Sadly all I can add is that I had (have!) a 2500 used with a 2210, and yes it got warm, then as with some others the power lead failed.

I e-mailed Mr Chang - immediate response asking for address for replacement lead. This was supplied etc, but as with some others I'm still waiting.

I'm now using Brodit - well I needed to use something as the 2500 was useless without power!!.

Pro's and con's of each?

Well I liked the 2500 and its amplifier, if not cranked up all the way worked well, however its vent mounting option was extremely flimsy in my opinion and it wobbled about.

Brodit, well not the cheapest kit on the block, but their car specific mount seems to be non damaging, and was easy to fit and is as solid as a rock. The PDA is also good quality, and whilst I have the speaker version I think it is just that - a speaker in the holder, I don't think there's any amplification and certainly no volume control. As such I don't plug the speaker jack in as I find the quality better straight from the 2210, and sound level sufficient. Obviously this is subjective, and all PDA's speakers/output vary, together with the vehicles interior noises.

Another plus point of 2500 is that if you are using a mobile phone (handsfree) you can turn down the 2500 volume so the voice commands can't be heard when using the phone. With the Brodit set up I've a button programmed for TT3 to switch the sound on and off, but that doesn't kill the PIOWarner warnings for speed cameras, which have surprised one or two colleagues and customers when I've been on the phone 'Warning danger zone straight forward' in a stern germanic type female voice has them all wondering what's going on.Laughing

Hope this assists you in making your choice.

Hi,

Thank you very much for the analysis. Two things which are very important as a car kit are

1) To hold and charge the device
2) to amplify the GPS commands or any digital sound with very sound quality

I believe New G2500 from Seido can provide them. One thing noted here is that If you really prefer Brodit mountig solution, You can use Proclip (Brodit) dash mount and Seido G2500 powered cradle togather. You can then screw the Seidio locking plate onto Brodit dash mount and then attach the Seidio swivel adaptor to the locking plate and then attach Seidio G2500 cradle to the swivel adaptor. However, I believe Seidio mounting solution is also very attractive.

If you have any question, please contact me

David Chang
Seidio
dsc@seidio.com
burdell1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do people who switched out their Seidio mount think of the speaker that is in the new and (hopefully) improved mount?
johnk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

burdell1 wrote:
What do people who switched out their Seidio mount think of the speaker that is in the new and (hopefully) improved mount?

Got mine towards the end of October, and was told it was new stock. The voice was awful. Worse more, after unplugging the short audio cable provided, my H2210 became a dumb - absolute no more voice from whatever application. This scared hell out of me (searching this forum, H2210 apparently has an earphone/speaker switch that is very delicate and can easily be damaged by a problematic ear piece). Fortunately after I plugged in the cable again and played a bit, the speaker came back, which is a great relief. Since then, my new G2500 is used as an incar charger/holder only. I think I will have it replaced once better products come to market.
burdell1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what do other people think of the new speaker?
TonyS
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just received mine and thought it was going to be an awful lot louder than it currently is... I also have just posted to say that the cigarette adapter is shorting fuse in the car (I am now on my second in the last two days). Sadly I have an Axim X30 otherwise I would be straight out getting a Brodit...
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Seidio refused to respond under warranty so my dealer gave me a new one. (thanks to globalpositioningsytems).

This one is much better, the noise has gone, the iPAQ fits firmly so it charges from it and it doesn't get hot. It would also take an expansion pack if necessary that the earlier one would not.

I was so impressed I bought another from them for the other car and this was a faulty construction. The inbuilt audio jack plug was a mono plug which shorts out the left channel on the iPAQ to ground as the long earth body extends to where the left channel pin (middle contact) on a stereo jack would be. I doubt the iPAQ has any audio output protection so this mount could have damaged it. Needless to say globalpositioningsystems are going to change it without question.

My advice is don't buy directly from Seidio, they are outside the UK, offer no support and don't honour their warranty, buy from a reputable dealer who will support you.

When you get a good mount it is good.
Meak
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David,
My power jack cable is faulty.
i am returning it to the address given in hope of receiving a new one.

i really dont want to be a pain, but it sounds like i'm not the only person with a faulty power jack.

also the whole '360 dgree swivel' mount is so wobbly, it just doesn't stay in place.

Bill Stead
Mavrik
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a Seidio mount with my PDA, all this talk of getting hot is worrying me a little, mine gets pretty warm in the mount, is this acceptable, or should there be no heat transfer at all ?

This mount is only 2 weeks old
genghisackroyd
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just (10-Mar-05) ago got a G2500 mount for my 4700 and the heating problem is still evident, so i don't think the problem has been sorted - mine is dated 12- 2004 (althought the 2 is also marked in red). So either the stock control is poor or the countermeasure is ineffective Grrrr.

Luckily HandNav are going to help me sort out a solution Thumbs Up - I am now thinking about a Brodit but using a suction mount (I need car-to-car ability).

I am not holding out much hope on Seidio helping:| , as the add-on cable I ordered direct from Siedio Europe to charge my GPS doesn't (charge it that is) Sad

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: