Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Road Angel database.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Road Angel database.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Hardware based GPS SCD Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AllenJames
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:25 am    Post subject: Road Angel database. Reply with quote

Anyone know how often / what days this gets updated ?

Blackspots website is appaling for information - all they are bothered about is selling the units Im sure.
iPhone 5 (phoning)
Berisford
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, very poor, especially when compared to the GPS world database available for free here.

The PGPSW one is far from perfect but it is a damn sight better than the Road Angel one.

I took my Road Angel back within a week.
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Berisford

Berisford wrote:
The PGPSW one is far from perfect but it is a damn sight better than the Road Angel one.

I’m glad that you find the PocketGPSWorld camera database better than a commercial database. Smile However we want the PocketGPSWorld camera database to be as good as we can make it, if not perfect! This is where everybody who uses the database can play his or her part. Please send in details of new, moved, and deleted cameras and known mobile speed checking sites

Please include the following:
Longitude and Latitude
Speed limit
Site type (Gatso, Truvelo, mobile, Specs, etc)
Direction/heading that camera targets vehicles
Road name and/or number
PGPSW camera database ID number (if previously assigned)

Please send updates to:
Cameras [at] PocketGPSWorld [dot] com

Please help us to help you. Let’s get all of the details of every single camera, and mobile, site accurately recorded so that all of us can benefit.

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard is also interested in details of cameras that are temporary at roadworks, or at red lights (speed limits don't matter for these - I'm not aware of any 'red light and speed limit' cameras in the UK, but that doesn't mean there aren't any).

It may also be worth mentioning if you're aware of a fixed camera site being bidirectional (can be adjusted to catch drivers on either side of the road) or if it only covers one direction - in which case, which direction. I don't believe any systems currently make use of direction of travel in association with our database, but that doesn't mean that a future system won't. I don't know whether Richard is recording 'direction' data at present.

If a camera is in the database as a speed camera or red light camera, but it's actually a bus lane camera, CCTV installation or Trafficmaster equipment, do let Richard know rather than just saying that the camera is false. That way he can keep a record as to why the camera is false, so that it won't find its way back into the database in the future. I've notified a few bus lane cameras in London to him, to stop them creeping back into the database.

David

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Hardware based GPS SCD Systems All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: