Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Installation Problem 1.3.3
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Installation Problem 1.3.3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dpeace
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Installation Problem 1.3.3 Reply with quote

Hi.

This problem may not be related to GPS Assist, but as running the program produces the error, I hope someone here will be able to help.

Running iPAQ 3970 (ROM 2.0) and TTN 1.50 UK, with the TomTom GPS unit. TTN is installed on a 512MB SD card.

On installing GPSAssist and "Yes"ing all the prompts, I find that attempts to run the application produce one of two states. This holds for installations of GPS Assist into the main memory, the iPAQ file store and the SD card. All installation attempts followed by a soft reset, and tried both with and without connection to the GPS unit.

The first is a system hang - I see "Please wait. GPSAssist is starting TTN" along the bottom of my screen and a constant hourglass/clock. Requires soft reset to resolve.

The second is a successful (if very lethargic) launch of TTN, but a dialog appears as soon as TTN launches saying "Application Error - An error was encountered while running this program". I trace this to GPSAssist as OKing the dialog leaves TTN running as expected, and clears the "Please wait" message on the bottom of the screen.

Attempting to run GPSAssist with TTN already running produces the first error above - the hung hourglass.

I'm very keen to try what appears by all accounts to be a very interesting and useful program - any advice gratefully received!

Darren

Reading, UK
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Installation Problem 1.3.3 Reply with quote

Darren, I've seen it hanging with the hour glass if the Pocket PC is running other programs in memory, eg if I start Pocket Music first and start playing an MP3 file, then GPSAssist will hang in this manner, but if I just have Pocket Music open and not playing, it will work fine. It sometimes seems like it's more of a memory issue. I haven't tried 1.3.3 yet though.
3GGG
Frequent Visitor

I had to do a soft reset after installing 1.3.3 today but it seems fine now. (Sorry can't remember the error first time around - something like path not found, but not sure).
dpeace
Occasional Visitor

Thanks for the replies.

Unfortunately, my problems occur without anything else running, and, indeed, immediately after a soft reset.

I've also searched for other Visual Basic applications (*.vb) and database programs (SprintDB Pro), and they seem to be working fine.

Any further advice? Is it worth trying an earlier version?

Thanks,

Darren

Reading, UK
dpeace
Occasional Visitor

Thanks for all help - took the plunge and hard reset the machine (I wanted to upgrade to 2.10 ROM anyway) - app now works perfectly!

Darren

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: