Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tom Tom 2 Emails
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tom Tom 2 Emails
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kram
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Tom Tom 2 Emails Reply with quote

I posted mine on 25th March using Royal Mail International Signed For. Got my discount code today. Name "Mark Turner", email "mark@kram.org". So, if they're going in order of surname then they are on at least "T", or if by email then at least "m".

The online ordering process seemed to go smoothly, though after telling me my payment had been accepted it sort of left me sitting there wondering whether I needed to do anything else. I'm sure I've finished the ordering process correctly but it could have been a little clearer.
MrLondon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Tom Tom 2 Emails Reply with quote

So I see there are still quite a few of us waiting. Hopefully I will have it by easter as I need it by than for a tour to wales.
Mark R Penn
Regular Visitor

Well my surname begins with "B", and I've heard nothing either, though to be fair I did post my CD a little late.
ChrisH
Occasional Visitor

Mine was posted on the same date and heard nothing yet also

Chris Hunter
Scott
Regular Visitor

Well, my surname begins with G and I'm still waiting. CD was posted on the 20th March.
Mriswith
Occasional Visitor

Yep, and I've tracked it out of this country. Oh well, I'll sit and wait patiently. If what was said earlier is true then having a surname begining with W can be a curse.

John "Mriswith" Walker
3GGG
Frequent Visitor

Quote: Originally posted by Dave on 03 April 2003

David, glad you're finally getting somewhere. TomTom do respond, but don't very often. I requested a preview copy didn't receive a reply to my email and about 4 days later I found a CD dropped through my letterbox. TomTom do seem to rather not reply, where us Brits find non-replies in a sense kind of rude, I think it's either different in the Netherlands, or it's TomTom's policy to keep replies to a minimum.

Yes Dave, automated email replies or web form only complaint systems are almost as annoying as those "press 1 if your socks match" automatic telephone answering systems that are used in most companies.

TomTom's telephone system was very good, the reception spoke perfect English of course and they put me right through to the person who could help me immediately. Most impressive.
3GGG
Frequent Visitor

Well, TT came up trumps and phoned me back to say there was an internal problem at their end and they took my order over the phone. They will work on fixing the problem with the system so that others will be able to place their orders without problems. Rather than phone them up and delay them, I would give them a little time to fix it and they will surely email out replacement vouchers to those that were having difficulties. - Phew
RobMob
Regular Visitor

Just tried to purchase upgrade and I too got a server error before I even got to payment section- and as others my code is now INVALID - have emailed TomTom and can only now but wait!!

RobMob
rwbthatisme
Occasional Visitor

I'm pleased to say that I received a confirmation email this morning saying the software had been shipped. So I hope it all arrives safely and you get some responce from TomTom David.

Cheerio

Richard
3GGG
Frequent Visitor

I have emailed TomTom again expressing my disgust at their service and lack of email replies on this matter. I mentioned that there are others on this list that are in the same position and that they are doing themselves no favours by ignoring customers.
3GGG
Frequent Visitor

Quote: Originally posted by RobMob on 01 April 2003

Just tried to purchase upgrade and I too got a server error before I even got to payment section- and as others my code is now INVALID - have emailed TomTom and can only now but wait!!

RobMob

Still no reply to emails to them here on this matter

Very poor customer service.

Wonder if I phone them will I be able to speak to a human? Anyone tried?
musicreative
Regular Visitor

Received my email this morning...ordered no probs.

Tim
Cessquill
Regular Visitor

I forget - do you get a shipping confirmation email off Tom as well?

I wonder if their well greased machine is up to start shipping today. For some reason I've got this image of a block with a big pile of CD-Rs and a Pentium 200...

can't wait
Dave
Frequent Visitor

You're not the only one!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: