Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - lidl new bundle My Guide 6500xl
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

lidl new bundle My Guide 6500xl
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gust
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 9:03 pm    Post subject: Whitch maps are in the bundle Reply with quote

I have bought my PDA in Austria. Installed are the maps for Austria, Germany, Northern Italy and Switzerland. But I need also Netherland etc... Can someone help me to get the maps or maybe to exchange my to yours. gs15925@gmx.at is my Email Adress. Merry Christmas
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you go to the medion site then the maps are availble there or from an authorised reseller

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
Pukster
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John, I don't think it matters where the sound files are on the PocketPC, so long as the software you are using knows where to find them. I use TT3 with CheckPOInt3.2 and my speed-camera warning sound files are on the SD card in the Great Britain maps folder. The checkPOInt overlay software is set up to use them as the first and last audible warnings, at 30 secs away and 10 secs away respectively, easy enough to configure as follows:

Run CheckPOInt3.2, click on its icon in the lower RH corner, click on overlay settings on the pull up menu, then 'not sunchronised' or whichever subfolder your speed camera files are in. Highlight each warning type in turn and click on the 'properties' box.

Open the 'first warning' tab, at the bottom you should see 'sound to play as first warning' with a pair of boxes beneath. Click on the one with 3 dots (browse) and find your sound files. If they are in the same folder as your overlay maps they should be already visible as wav files.

Once assigned, repeat the process for the 'last warning' tab.

Easy, no?
johnriddell
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 5:51 pm    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

Cheers Pukster, have it all up and running beautifully now .
garyf
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brodit now list the MyGuide 6500XL Laughing
beholder
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 4:51 pm    Post subject: Falk can't find GPS receiver after re-installation. Reply with quote

You guys obviously know what you're talking about - I only hope you can help me.

I've always wanted a satnav and a PDA so I went to Aldis and bought the MyGuide 6500XL PDA. It was as good as I expected and I even used the Falk navigation software to get me around a huge jam on the M6 Northbound. I just pulled off the Motorway when I saw the delay warning signs and it took me around the hold-up and I rejoined the M6 further north. It was dark and raining and I had no idea where I was, but I put my faith in it and just followed the voice. I was very impressed.

However, a week later, I was foolish enough to install a couple of free download games I found. They worked fine but when I next ran Falk it hung on the startup screen. Further inspection showed that the use of the main memory and the flash disk had gone right down. So I had to assume it had been "displaced" by the new games - (which were tiny things - only a couple of megs). Anyway, something had stopped working.

I installed the desktop Falk (from the CD) and then reinstalled the navigator software onto my PDA. Now it behaves as before except that the shortcut on the PDA menu is in CAPITALS, I lost all my favourite destinations and, most importantly, it can no longer detect a GPS receiver, whereas it did before. I notice that you've said that it should find it on COM2 at 4800, but when it's searching, the scan only shows it's looking at COM1 and COM9 (all speeds).

The "Further Settings" option on the Falk settings screen is a mystery as it doesn't have any choices other than a couple of drop down lists for port and speed. These are reading COM2 and 4800, but it still doesn’t force the search to check them. Yes, I've walked around outside looking for a signal, but I fear I may have done more damage than I thought by simply installing a Tetris look-alike. Am I just being impatient? When I took it out of the box it behaved perfectly. Now, I wish I hadn't done anything with it. It sure knocks your confidence.

Can anyone shed any light on these happenings? I need all the help I can get.

P.S. I installed Outlook for the Active Sync but realised after that I can access the files direct and as I don't want synchro, I deinstalled it. Is this important?

Dennis.
MikeT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennis I would go to the gps status screen and make sure that the top drop down box has NMEA 0183v2 4800 set in it and the next lower box has serial cable on SP2 set and then tick the box to the left.

It may take some time for the gps to lock, but that should work, but I'm just a newbe too so someone else will no doubt be along to confirm this settings and anything else you need to do Wink
beholder
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike.
Sorry to be such a dummy, but I can't find the gps status screen anywhere. Can you get me there from the Start Menu, please?
MikeT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Start/settings/system/gps on mine will get you there ;)
beholder
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are 10 things on start/settings/system and none of them refer to gps. They are "About", "Backlight", "Certificates", "Clock & Alarms", "Memory", "Power", "Regional Settings", "Remove Programs", "Screen" and "Utility".
Is something missing on mine?
MikeT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time for someone else to help you then Dennis as thats where it is on mine.
I have removed Falk and installed TT3 but I seem to think thats where it always was with Falk too.

Your looking for an Icon of a dish.

Good luck!
zcheema
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 1:01 am    Post subject: Try This Reply with quote

beholder, I to had this after a program install. Falk did not detect the GPS, in the end I did a back up (worth doing) and then actually turned the machine off using the switch on the back, give it 10 seconds then re-boot.
Hopefully all should be back to normal, go back to "back up" and bring all the stuff back.

once its working again (fingers crossed) install all you need and then do a back up again ready for the next time.
zcheema
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess what? I got my £30 cheque from Lidl before Christmas and got another one this morning again, so that's £60 so far, though have decide to let the know, I will guilty otherwise, or persuade them to let me donate it to a charity...
beholder
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks zcheema,

I did a hard reset, tried again and the GPS receiver was detected. Hooray!! (Still no GPS setup dish icon, though, Mike). So, it's all back to factory settings. I had copied my own data files onto my PC so I just dragged them back to the PDA again. No problems there. But I don't think I'll bother with reinstalling the games. Once bitten...

Many thanks for the help.

P.S. I hadn't even noticed that the supplied SD card was smaller than the advertised one. I phoned the help line (see earlier forum messages) and they couldn't wait to press a £30 cheque into my hand! They said they knew all about the problem and I could buy my own 256Mb SD card for £27 and keep the change! So this forum just saved me £30. Thanks again.
MikeT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy New Year all :D

I have now installed TT3 along with POI and PoiEdit and have just installed the super prog UKPostcodes.

All appears to work fine except...

POI doesnt sem to shut down TT3 as it should, yes I ticked the boxes for this and it (poi) does open TT3 fine, just doesnt shut it down.

My Today screen has date, msg's, tasks, appointments and TT3. I would like to have POI and maybe even UKpostcode on there to save going into the start menu. I cant see how to do this?

Cheers.

Mike.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13

Jump to: