Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - lidl new bundle My Guide 6500xl
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

lidl new bundle My Guide 6500xl
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sucking all this info up like a sponge, thanks guys.

On a related subject I am still running w98se here, dont laugh its very stable usually. But..I installed activesync V3.7.1 build 4034 a couple of days ago and the first thing I noticed was that IE 6 now has "Create mobile favourite" in the toolbar and that the toolbar has stretched so going for icons that were in one place are now further to the right...grrr.

Worst thing though is I am getting random reboots and errors in IE.

I shut down the internet conductivity to the pda thinking that may solve it but its still doing it, I just now did a repair and reboot IE from system tools.
Anyone else have similar probs?
Roamer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:16 pm    Post subject: Lidl Myguide 6500XL Reply with quote

Hi All, after using the pda/navigator for the past 5 days, 'am sure Happy with the package. Though called Lidl customer services, the person was very pleaseant, promised to give me a call back within 24hrs, but not heard from them yet!!.

I also found a link, that resembles the myguide one. http://www.anubisline.com/english/articlec.asp?id=99550&catid=204

I had this doubt, 'cos the system info in Falk says it is an Anubis-Typhoon.

'Am also looking forward to get a screen protector, just in case 8)
garyf
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Roamer,

Info on the Lidl PDA is here: http://www.myguide-navigator.de The link that you found is for an old model.

BTW: I'm trying to send a message to "shaky" to find out if the 6500XL works in a Medion PC cradle - but the message is stuck in my outbox - How do I send it?????
Roamer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:08 pm    Post subject: Myguide 6500 Reply with quote

'Am not sure, tough it is a guess work Clap . May be the forum software, would send your messages at some frequent intravels. Just leave it in your out box, and see tomorrow. Hopefuly it should have gone.
icsys
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The message will sit in your outbox until the person you sent it to visits their Private Messages at that point it will disappear from your outbox.
TomTom GO
Anquet OS mapping
Pukster
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard, thanks for the explanation about TT3 and power loss, its all clear now. If it happens I hope I can just activesync with my desktop PC and it will all reappear again.

I am touring by motorcycle around europe next summer so hopefully the bike will provide power and keep my software intact as I too will be away from a PC. Has anyone actually used the Major Routes of Europe maps in TT3 and are they comprehensive enough, or will I need more detailed country maps for touring ?

When installing TT3 the installer says insufficient space for the program on my flash drive (32MB) so I am forced to use the SD card. Its not really a problem though.

I've just oredered a 'Krussel' leather flip case as a mate has one for his Mio168 and its very smart, and more functional than the standard leather slip case provided. Not bad for £20, I just need a 512 SD card now....
PP
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Originally bought the Aldi package, but the connector became damaged by the weight of the 12 volt incar charger and had to return it to Aldi for a refund. Then the Lidl offer came up and I was lucky enough to get one. Not to impressed with the Falk software, but what the heck, a good package for the money.
O.K that's the history. To the original reason for this note:
I've connected both the Aldi and Lidl units to the PPC250 cradle (last year's PDA/GPS deal) and they just fine.
garyf
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the PPC Cradle info. I also got an email from Brodit confirming 99.9% compatibility, and an offer from their UK supplier that if I purchase one and it doesn't fit, they'll take it back.
Shaky
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garyf wrote:
Hi Roamer,

BTW: I'm trying to send a message to "shaky" to find out if the 6500XL works in a Medion PC cradle - but the message is stuck in my outbox - How do I send it?????

Sorry for late reply, but yes the Lidl 6500XL fits perfectly and operates perfectly in the Aldi MD95000 cradle. Hope this helps Wink

Also not sure if this is an answer that RickH already has, but I installed TT3 without too many problems into the flash memory. Simply started my tt3 software, when it asked where to instal via activesync, I choose the non default location, and selected flash memory, then installed the maps onto the SD.

As far as I can tel all the tt3 operating files are in flash mem now, voice ect.. I then installed checkpoint into the same place, and it all seems to be working fine, telling me when speed cams are about ect.. Not had any problems so far.
Cogsinister
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, my £30 cheque arrived today from Lidl :D
RickH
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep same here

But the dumb b*ggers spelt my name wrong on it and the bank won't accept it!, so I have to send it back to them to try again!

Doh!

Richard
Cogsinister
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine just says my first name i.e. Mr Jones.....i wonder if my bank will accept it ?
RickH
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That should not be a problem, it was just they totally misspelt my Surname!,

Lidl said cross it out and write it correctly,! Bank said get real!

So its been mailed back to them for correction!

Richard
Cogsinister
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i paid mine in........the girl behind the counter diden't give it much of a looking at......let's see if it gets sent back or paid in.....
MikeT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My cheque also arrived, almost dont like to say but I hung out and got £50.
£30 for the sd card and £20 for the usb external antenna mistake. Embarassed

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 8 of 13

Jump to: