Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - REVIEW COMMENTS: Holux CR-100
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

REVIEW COMMENTS: Holux CR-100
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emset01
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:04 am    Post subject: Arkon CM53 Long Windshield Mount Reply with quote

Hi,

thanks for the review, convinced me to purchase and I'm very pleased.

A couple of queries I do have though. I have a Freelander and the mount only reaches a short way onto the dash. The only long mount I can see available is the Arkon CM53 Long Windshield Mount, but is the adaptor at the end of the mount compatible with the holux cr100?

Also, is it possible to power the mount from an ac adaptor so I can use it as a charging cradle when in hotels? I'd remove it from the car anyway as a matter of course so it'd save carrying a spare cradle.

Cheers
TheGecko
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hi all,

To clarify the situation regarding iPAQ PDA's:

- Yes they do all have the same connector and pinouts.
- No the 1900 series don't have a serial port.
- No the 5500 series WON'T fit the CR-100 as it currently stands.

The latter point is due to the connector on the 5500 being in a physically different location from the 2200 series, which means that they don't line up when inserted into the cradle. We are looking into rectifying this situation by making another interchangeable adapter for the CR-100 and will post an announcement on our own website and Pocket GPS World.

We hope that this has been of help to you and we look forward to being of service to you again in the future.

Many thanks for the reply : do you have any idea of an ETA for the 5550 adapter ? It would help me decide wether to wait for it, or explore other options : the Holux solution is my preferred one, but it all depends on how long we're talking about.

Smile
istvan24
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

istvan24 wrote:
JonP wrote:
GroovyDaz - I bought one of these the other day (before Istvan's comment was posted) for my X30i. I'd like to confirm that it works perfectly with the X30 :D, I'd recommend buying one - a much tidier solution than a separate receiver.

Embarassed

???!!! Sorry for the confusion all but I am only repeating what Holux UK told me themselves by email/telephone! No disrespect to you JonP but can we get some official confirmation on this from Holux - I'm disappointed as I would have liked to have had my unit by now... Confused

I also contacted Holux.tw last week but still have not had any reply...

It would have been nice to have had some kind of proper feedback, or at least some kind of acknowledgement? I ordered a CR-100 for my DELL X30hi probably about a month ago, only to be efficiently informed that my order could not be completed - because there was no compatible model?!!! What is going on at Holux? I was assured that it was highly likely that there would be a version ready for the X30 before christmas, so far no word!
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Highly likely doesn't actually mean there will be one available in time for Christmas. Timescales frequently slip in 99% of companies. Be patient, if there will be a connector out then I'm sure it will be as soon as possible.

I'm sure you wouldn't want quality to be compromised ?
istvan24
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave wrote:
I'm sure you wouldn't want quality to be compromised ?

Certainly not, although a mere acknowledgement of this request would have been appreciated, notwithstanding that it is possible that there is existing compatible model.

Question
Fatty
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the Holux CR100 in use with an Orange SPV M1000 [equivalent to the XDA II] The GPS / Tom Tom software works great but it is hopeless as a Handsfree kit for voice calls I am afraid. The mobile phone intereferes with the Holux loudspeaker and becomes a little irritating. This interference is reduced significantly when a good connection between pda and cradle is made. The solution I am currenlty using is to mount the PDA in the cradle with a wired handsfree stereo headset/ microphone which actually works perfectly but will not be to everyones taste.
Googlebot
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too got one of these untis after reading the review. It does everything I was lookinf for and with only one cable to power everything :D

Just for info as you might guess the 2210 version works wonderfuly on my 2110.
Holux CR-100

Soon to be replaced with TT720 (maybe....)
kickstart
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using the CR100 with an XDA2 and while the GPS works no problems the interference into the speakers caused by the phone is really bad. In the end I've had to open the cradle up and disconnect the speakers. Problem solved but rather defeats the object of having the thing in the first place other than saving on cables.
Regards
Colin
gmck
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:47 am    Post subject: Re: REVIEW COMMENTS: Holux CR-100 Reply with quote

Please... how do I configure one of these (for the Ipaq 3870) with TomTom 3 - it keeps saying Unreliable Position with whatever emulation I choose.

Help!!! Was excited now getting suicidle.... The Holux webiste offers no help at all.
Googlebot
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No idea how to get it to work on the ipaq 3870 Sad

All I did was load TomTom 3 (then update to 3.07) into my Ipaq 2110, place it in the cradle and it just worked. Got it's first fix in about 20 secs as well. I was expecting some issues getting it to work but didn't get any. Maybe I was just VERY lucky.
Holux CR-100

Soon to be replaced with TT720 (maybe....)
IanD
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 2:32 pm    Post subject: XDA II crashing Reply with quote

I've been using Tom Tom Navigator 3 on my XDA II with a bluetooth GPS unit and it works perfectly. Having seen the reviews, I thought the Holux CR-100 looked like a neater way of keeping things together in the car and got one.

However, as soon as power is applied to the unit, the XDA tries to dial a WAP GSM connection. This stops after a bit and I can access Navigator. All seems well for a few minutes, then the XDA suddenly crashes and only a reset gets it working again.

Does anyone have any ideas on what may be the problem with dialing and crashing? Holux suggested a complete hard reset and just running Navigator, but the problem still exists.

The crash seems to corrupt the Navigator installation too as the only way to access it is by clicking on Navigator.exe in the folder.

I've also tried moving it from the SD card to the main memory, but no difference.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Ian
kickstart
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot to mention in my post above that I have a similar problem with the WAP connection. While the XDA is in the mount, turned off but with the phone still active, every few minutes it turns itself on and tries to establish a WAP connection. The only way I can find to stop it is to take power off the mount.
I don't have any problem running Tom Tom 3 and while that is running the attempts to establish the WAP connection stop.
I think my advice is if you have an XDA2 beware of this mount. It's a lot of money to spend to end up with these problems.

Regards
Colin
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's unlikely that the problem is the mount - it's far more likely that the problem is that you haven't gone into Options in ActiveSync and unticked the box to do with mobile schedule.

David
IanD
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I managed to get a 9 mile journey completed without any problem this morning by setting Flight Mode on. This stopped any dial up attempt and there was also no interference with the speaker. Obviously this negates the advantage of having an XDA as opposed to a traditional PDA, but at least I can use the CR-100. If you are having the same thing happen Colin, then at least I know the XDA and the CR-100 are both operating OK, just the combination seems a bit iffy.

I'll get in touch with Holux again to see if they can offer any further advice and see how longer journeys go.

Ian
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian - the post immediately above your last one from me was aimed at you and is, I suspect, your solution.

I can't think this is anything to do with the mount.

David

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: