Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - lidl new bundle My Guide 6500xl
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

lidl new bundle My Guide 6500xl
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RickH
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Roamer

Sounds like you may have a duff unit then

Just a thought (Don't take it the wrong way Embarassed You are trying this outside with a clear view of the sky arn't you Laughing

Looks like it may be a trip back to Lidl for an exchange for you

Cheers

Richard
Shaky
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Lidl PocketPc Reply with quote

Roamer wrote:
Got one this morning,the PC seems to be ok. How ever, I have been trying to run the GPS Status,Start Test, iit has not been able to locate any satellite as yet, even after running for 5hrs!! Has anybody had this problem. I did even connect the external antenna to see if this has got any effect, but of no use!!

Got the exact same problem when using the Falk software, I kept pressing the detect device option, and then the test option, and nothing. I went for a little drive to test it and still no GPS reception, but then out of the blue for no noticeable reason that I could think of, it simply started working. My advice is keep trying, sorry couldn't be more precise. Additionally when I ditched Falk for my copy of TOMTOM it simply worked straight away after taking the advice from RickH and setting it to Com2.

That probably doesn't help if you don't already own a copy of tomtom, but try and stick with it and test ut again. I know it's weird how it doesn't work and then it just started working fine, but after about 1 hour or so...
Roamer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:46 pm    Post subject: Lidl Myguide 6500 Reply with quote

Hi RickH, yes, i did click on Find Receiver, and it did find it at COM2 4800Baud!!
It would be really great if you could see weather it is picking up any Sattellite.
Shaky
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RickH wrote:
Hi Shaky

If you download the trial version of Pocket Hack Master that will show the true Speed (It comes in at 398Mhz on mine)

RickH once again I owe you a big thanks :D, the prog confirms all the info being correct - my final verdict IMHO is buy this from your local lidl store if you can, it's great value for money.
Roamer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:54 pm    Post subject: Lidl Myguide 6500 Reply with quote

Hi Shakey, can you please confirm if your receiver is found on the same port as mine, which is COM2 4800 Baud
RickH
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Roamer,

Are you trying it in a car?. Could it be the car has an athermic windscreen that is blocking the signal,

With Mine I tersted it on first startup, I cliced the left button and it found com2, I then clicked the right button and it took it about 2 mins to show a lock on 7 sats, (I was standing outside handheld with a clear all around sky view).

If you have tried it in a car, I would suggest giving it a go outside handheld, and as Shaky said if you have access to a copy of TomTom try that as the TomTom GPS interface is a lot clearer when it comes to sats and signals.

Also there are the Freeware/Shareware apps like VitoNavigator you can install they also have a good SatInterface screen that will show you what is happening, I would give downloading one of those a go

Try

Here is a link to the shareware Vito Navigator,

http://vitotechnology.com/products/navigator.html

Cheers

Richard
Roamer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:02 pm    Post subject: Lidl Myguide 6500 Reply with quote

Yes I dd try out in the car. The first time, the windows were closed, heaters on, but the antenna was attached too. Next time, got the near side window down (Its freezing out there!!, but still worth to see if my £250 Sad )
Anyway, 'am going to keep trying tomorrow too, and then may be a trip to my Norwich Lidl!!. BTW, how much will the TomTom S/W cost?
Shaky
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Lidl Myguide 6500 Reply with quote

Roamer wrote:
Hi Shakey, can you please confirm if your receiver is found on the same port as mine, which is COM2 4800 Baud

Ok started Falk Navigator, got the annoying "Welcome" voice message. Clicked on "Settings", clicked "Find Receiver", then get message "GPS receiver found: COM2, 4800 Baud". I then click "start test", after a few seconds I get a bunch of information like the time, wait a little longer.....nothing...a bit longer....tada! It's now telling me it's got 4 out of 9 possible sattelites. But earlier this afternoon in the exact same position I had to wait nearly one hour for this.
RickH
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Roamer

TT3 Uk is around £100 retail but cheaper some places,

What sort of Car is It? The external ariel is designed to be used totally outside the car on the roof or boot, if you just connected it and tried it inside the car it won't help if you have Heat Reflective Glass,

Try connecting the external antenna stick it on the roof thru the window, close the window and sit there nice and toasty with the heater on and see if it finds anything. Also Best to be stationary while you do it, first fix always takes longer if you are moving (Make sure the car is parked somewhere with a good sky view)!

Cheers

Richard
Roamer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:16 pm    Post subject: Lidl Myguide 6500 Reply with quote

Ok, 'Am going to drive to a place, where I can see some Clear Sky, try to run the test and see how it goes. 8O
I will come back in an hours time, and post you people as to what has happened!! [/code]
Shaky
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RickH, can u check this out, got a weird message, not sure if seeing things. Running pockethackmaster, PPC is in the cradle connected to my PC, I click on view speed monitor pain, CPU then read at 398MHz.

BUT then i took the ppc off the cradle and left it on the side, the screen goes blank (to save battery life), i come back to the ppc, click on the screen and it now reads CPU 299MHz. Do you get the same?
RickH
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your PDA has dropped into power saving mode while no used out of the cradle

If you goto

Settings, CLick the Yellow Moon (Utility), and select Smart Battery, you can alter the performance settings so it runs at full speed all the time You Have Auto, High PErfermance, Superior Performance And Low Perfermance, These settings just adjust the CPU clock speed deping on the load on the CPU and power source etc,

But personally I would leave it set to auto, or it could crucify your battery life, the AutoPower systems seem to work really well

Cheers

Richard
Cogsinister
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought one of these units from my local Lidl here in Kent, very pleased with it, workes just fine, the Falk navigator looks very good....i am going to test it against TT3 in a friends ipaq.

I phoned Lidl customer services about the "missing" 512 meg card that is mentioned as being part of the package on both the website, and all the in store advertising , and thay promised to get back to me within 24 hours ....in my opion we should get the 512 meg card as advertised....lets see how Lidl perform on this one.......

All in all tho a great package for the money....
Shaky
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RickH wrote:
Your PDA has dropped into power saving mode while no used out of the cradle

oops Embarassed thx.
Roamer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 12:00 am    Post subject: Lidl Myguide 6500 Reply with quote

Hi Guys, 'am all smileys now :D Laughing Smile
I went out in the car, with the external antenna connected out, and it detecded 8/8 satellites. 'Am Saved!!. Spent some time investigating the unit. It is definitely a good unit. Will call into Lidl tomorrow about the 512 card. Let us see what they say. Did try out the falk navigator. It did seem to perform well, how ever some of the streets read BigStreet(2). Not sure how the select the street which want!!. May be by the end of this week, I should be able to find it. Thanks for all you people who spent your valuable time in advicing me

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 3 of 13

Jump to: