Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Sd cards on TomTomGO
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Sd cards on TomTomGO

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
arthurharding
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 9:18 pm    Post subject: Sd cards on TomTomGO Reply with quote

I am sure this question has been answered somewhere in this excellent forum but I can not find it

Have the latest version of TomTomgo and downloaded speed cameras no probs makes nice noises when I get near cameras etc etc

BUT

Now want to down load some more POi's like the london post codes but 1.6M is more than the space left on my SD card

SO

I downloaded all my card onto my PC and then uploaded it onto a 256M sd card got almost happy at this stage but when I put this new SD card in to TomTomGo it would not read the card just kept flashing the SD card with a nice big red X trough it

HELP please I am sure it must be easy and i'm just missing something really basic like
sgould
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a few makes of SD card that TomTom does not seem to like. Often non-Japanese ones.

When I did this I had the new blank card in the TTG and used TTG as the card reader/writer. Don't know why that would make a difference though.
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to verify the format of your new SD card. If memory serves right the GO expects FAT16 (not FAT32)

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
jdatkinson
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should be able to clear some space on your original card by deleting any voices you don't need; not sure whether you can clear a full 1.6MB though. You can always re install them from the CD if you have a burning desire to have your GO talk to you in several Scandinavian languages. ;-)
himpressive
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jdatkinson wrote:
You should be able to clear some space on your original card by deleting any voices you don't need; not sure whether you can clear a full 1.6MB though. You can always re install them from the CD if you have a burning desire to have your GO talk to you in several Scandinavian languages. ;-)

True! I deleted all the voices except "Jane's" and I've got the SE and London postcodes, and all the "safety" camera POIs installed and working fine :D
uffe73
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jdatkinson wrote:
...You can always re install them from the CD if you have a burning desire to have your GO talk to you in several Scandinavian languages. ;-)

Yeh, of course you don't need SEVERAL Scandinavian voices. Swedish should be enough, right? :D
Garmin GPSMap 60CSx (SW ver. 3.70)
jdatkinson
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trying the US voices confused me enough, so i'm not trying any of the others...

"Cross the rotary, second exit...."

"Turn left and take the highway...."

And as for the male UK English voice (Tim, is it?) he developed word finding difficulties and started missing key words here and there like "left" and "right", so i'm sticking with the female UK voice and have scrapped all of the others. I think I still have a few MB left on my (128MB) card having done that and installed the speed camera database. Laughing
Solo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sgould wrote:
There are a few makes of SD card that TomTom does not seem to like. Often non-Japanese ones.

When I did this I had the new blank card in the TTG and used TTG as the card reader/writer. Don't know why that would make a difference though.

Hi, I have just bought a 256 SD card on the web, it was a Toshiba, I just copied my original card, on which I had up graded with camera/favourites etc with no problems.
Samsung Galaxy S11
Samsung Galaxy s3
Galaxy s4
Galaxy s5
Galaxy tab s
The penalty for bigamy is two Mother-in-Laws
Compass
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got rid of all the voice files apart from "Jane" and it made enough room on the 128 card for the speed camera POI's and the NW post code POI..

i have even got a little bit of room left on the card...

Also if you have a card reader on your PC you can "Defrag" the card and make a little extra room..

8O
rkm_hm
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lbendlin wrote:
You need to verify the format of your new SD card. If memory serves right the GO expects FAT16 (not FAT32)

I have a 256MB card on order from 7-day shop. If format turns out to be a problem. how do I go about re-formatting it?
Compass
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rkm_hm wrote:
lbendlin wrote:

I have a 256MB card on order from 7-day shop. If format turns out to be a problem. how do I go about re-formatting it?

plug it into any USB'd PC using the TTG as the carrier. the TTG becomes just a lowly little storage device when plugged in to a PC , you are able to read and right as a normal storage card, you are also able to reformat and defrag using the tools tab. Rolling Eyes

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: