Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Camera Alert audio stops after phone call in BMW
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Camera Alert audio stops after phone call in BMW

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Apple Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bond007
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:31 am    Post subject: Camera Alert audio stops after phone call in BMW Reply with quote

Chaps,

I have noticed that whenever I use the Camera Alert app on my iPhone in my BMW that the audio alerts stop after I have used the phone to make a call. As standard behaviour one loses the iPhone screen when making a call so you have to, cough cough, reopen the iPhone screen to see the Camera Alert App again.. However in my case I still get no more audio alerts, after the phone call, and so I have to restart the app. This behaviour happened on my previous BMW too so it may well just be a BMW handshake thing and nothing to do with the Camera Alert app itself..

Has anyone else experienced this kind of behaviour on their cars whether it's a BMW or any other brand?

thanks
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ve had it for years - I think it was when iOS went to v10. For me it’s dependent on whether an alert is issued from CA during a call. If there are no alerts during a call it doesn’t drop audio. Another fault in the same area is I lose phone audio afterwards too and the only solution that works then is a reboot of phone and in-car system - which I can only do with the vehicle stopped!

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
bond007
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dennis.... I figured it was an IOS handshake thing... glad it's not just me it's happening too... I'll put it down as a feature Smile
akkipaa
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, this has been known problem since beginning (of my BMW/CA era 2014 and with 5 BMWs). Dennis is also right, the connection drops only, if alert is got during the call. It is bluetooth related, right, when CA push alert through bt, is "breaks" something. It can be CA, iOS or BMW issue, my guess is BMW. Guide me if I am wrong, but CA push alert to iOS bt-channel and knows nothing about BMW. The "call line" remains somehow "open" and restrict further alerts to audio.

I might test this with CA/iOS/N-Com901 during the motorcycle season, but we have to wait some months, we have 50cm snow currently!
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It’s not BMW - I can’t afford one of those, just a Renault Kangoo van. It happened with an iOS upgrade when all third party developers needed to do something significant to fit. CA being uncared for didn’t get upgraded. The solution for me is to run CA only on rare occasions - I cannot afford to have my business phone disabled, it’s not a good business practice to fail to answer phone calls!

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Apple Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: