Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom GO Discover
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom GO Discover

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ROBBIE_1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 5:30 pm    Post subject: TomTom GO Discover Reply with quote

Hello

Since Tom Tom stopped people downloading the Pocket GPS World POI'S speed camera database I was wondering has anything changed is it still the fact no longer does the new Tom Tom's allow custom poi's as regards to the speed camera database being able to be updated onto the Tom Tom in particular their latest GO Discover as I am thinking of swapping from Garmin to Tom Tom, just fancy a change, as I believe the Tom Tom to be the better sat anv. Unfortunately, no Pocket GPS World POI'S and no GPS World subscription which is a pity as tomtom know what they are doing locking up their Tom Tom's so people cannot upload custom poi’s such as camera database.

Can anyone respond

Thank you.
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ROBBIE_1,

As a TomTom user, I tried the Garmin Camper 770 and never really got on with it. Especially on the narrow roads that you find in Cornwall. Just my personal findings - others may disagree.

I don't have any recent TomTom PNDs, the latest is my 950 Live, so be aware that I have no experience of current TomTom units.

I believe that current TomTom units allow you to add your own (or custom) POIs to MyDrive, the only downside is that all of your categories are mixed into one single MyDrive group of POIs.

If you have an iPhone then consider the iOS TomTom GO Navigation app and then using the third-party app "POIViewer", you select the POI (from the list of categories) and hit the "Directions" button in POIViewer which starts the TomTom GO app and sends the coordinates for the destination to it.

EDIT (Saturday 15/05/2021 11:50)

TomTom released version 2.6 of the iOS TomTom GO Navigation app yesterday, 14 May 2021 which now has 'My Routes sync with MyDrive'.

This also allows for custom POIs to be synched between your TomTom MyDrive account and MyPlaces on your iPhone. Although as this has just been released, I have found that you can't search for a POI in MyPlaces.

I don't know how many POIs can be sent to MyPlaces, nor do I know how easy/quick it is to remove POIs so that new ones can be installed, i.e. temporarily remove you business POIs and replace them with holiday ones.

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Privateer wrote:
TomTom released version 2.6 of the iOS TomTom GO Navigation app yesterday, 14 May 2021
Sorry to trouble you, but how do I get this? I fired up GO and nothing happened - I innocently thought it might say an update was available and when it didn’t I tr ied to find an update thingy but I couldn’t. So I’ve got v2.5 and seeing as I’ve paid for it I think I should have the latest.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dennis,

V2.6 of TomTom GO Navigation is on 'limited release'. I guess I was lucky that my Apple ID was picked as I've updated my iPhone 12 but left my iPhone 6s Plus on 2.5, even though that also has the update available. This is so I can compare the two versions.

Go to your iPhone's App Store and update the list of apps that you have, and you may see the update.

I hope that this helps.

Regards,
Robert.
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: