Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Ford Sync3 map update
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Ford Sync3 map update

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marksfish
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 11:40 am    Post subject: Ford Sync3 map update Reply with quote

Just taken ownership of a nearly new 2020 Focus Very Happy Not a great lover of built in navigation, but this came fitted. I updated the Sync3 software which was a few GB, I was then offered a map update. I presume the maps are Garmin as it looks similar to the layout of my dash unit. I have just updated the maps on my standalone which was around 2GB, this update is 21GB!!!! Got to go out an buy a 32GB usb stick now so I can install it!!
g0tch
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ve updated ours (Ecosport) early last month. All gone smoothly but the on screen instruction was nowhere near the same as the instruction online. Took a long time to complete. Do check that the new USB drive is formatted exfat.
I actually like the navigation, the showing of roadwork, congestions etc. The only downside is, there is no way to use the database from here.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: