Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Corrupt File Map
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Corrupt File Map

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
happyhotspur
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:49 am    Post subject: Corrupt File Map Reply with quote

I have a Go 510 and there is a new map update but I keep getting the message that there is not enough room on the memory card to install however it also does not let me uninstall the map as it says I must have a map installed on my device.
When I checked the installed map on my device it informs me that the file is corrupt I have tried to uninstall the map but all I am getting is 'Updating device' and getting ready then a message saying that all the servers are busy and I should try later, however this has been going like this since yesterday morning
I tried to download a map of Venezuela as there is enough room on the supplied memory card and thought if I download this map I can then delete the faulty map and then reinstall however all that is happening is that myDrive connect and on the graphic of my laptop it says 100% and underneath it just says checking with the moving three green dots This has been doing this for over 2 days I left it on because I was informed that 'There are too many pending download jobs stuck in the process. The installation has to either complete or fail to try any further troubleshooting. So it's really important that you keep the device connected to MyDrive Connect'
But this is plainly not the case I have tried everything to contact TomTom but am currently in Spain
Is it possible to delete the supplied memory card and reformat it and reload my maps?
Sorry to go on but thank in advance
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi happyhotspur,

Warning: I do not have a TomTom 510! My last TomTom PND was a 950 and that used TomTom Home and not TomTom Connect. So I'm not the best person to answer your question. If anybody more knowledgeable on the 510 answers then take their advice. Also, you use any of the following at your own risk.

Did you back up the original SD card at any point?
Are you using the original SD card that the unit came with?

What is the card that you're using, i.e. what size? You may want to buy a new SD card of similar or slightly faster read-write speed but I don't think that you need a card for a PND that is fast enough to record 4k video with a high bitrate! Wink Get a card that is the next size up, i.e. move up from 8 to 16; 16 to 32; 32 to 64; etc.

Once you have a new card that's double the size, copy ALL files and folders, i.e. all hidden stuff as well from the old card to the new card. Keep the old card in a safe place (that you can find it again) and insert the new card into the 510. At this point, the 510 should hopefully work and have enough space to download any map and allow you to do what you need to. As the SD card is a copy you can do what you want as the previous card should be safe and is your backup.

If you do have a previous backup then you may want to copy that to your new larger SD card and see what happens.

Summing up
Use a larger SD card and copy your old one to the new one and try that. If you have a backup then you can use that. Either way, you're using a new card so as long as the old one is safe you won't break it by trying.

As I said above, people with experience of 510s and TomTom Connect may have other and better suggestions.

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
molerat
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the "checking" thing on a Go400 with a 32GB card so I unplugged the USB and plugged back in and it loaded fine after that, the map had downloaded to the computer and transferred across with no problems.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: