Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - BMW satnav update sites.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

BMW satnav update sites.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hectorsgaf
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:23 pm    Post subject: BMW satnav update sites. Reply with quote

REALLY sorry if this is in the wrong place.

Looking to update the map in my 2015 X4 and future proof an on order i3S. Came across this company but not sure about them.. Any experiences guys or other suggestions?
bmwsatnavupdates.com

BMW want £50 for a one off map plus with my model I can only do it through a 32gig+ usb which is extra money.. and effort. Lifetime code access here for £60 Mmmm? Too good to be true?

Suggestions appreciated.

Thank you
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could well be a case of 'too good to be true'. The website certainly looks slick and does explain the process they use. It seems similar to the unlock codes for smartphones. You send the VIN (or EMEI in the phone analogy) and they generate the unlock code for you. They state that it is not a software crack but I think the possible legal issue would be whether they have permission to sell the maps and/or if they have broken any laws in working out how to generate the codes.

On the plus side they do accept PayPal so if you do decide to go for it and it turns out to be dodgy it would be fairly simple to appeal and get your payment back via PayPal.

Looking online at reviews around 25% say that they never received anything - however if that happens then it would be easy enough to request a PayPal refund (unless they can prove that they sent you the files/data).

Personally, I'm not sure I would risk it. Like you say, "too good to be true" usually makes alarm bells ring.
Hectorsgaf
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for that. Also has the look of being a pucker BMW site, which it is clearly not.

Alternative suggestions would be appreciated as well if anybody has any.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: