Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Android WAZE on car speakers
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Android WAZE on car speakers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tgyapa
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:05 pm    Post subject: Android WAZE on car speakers Reply with quote

Dear All,
I am new to this forum but glad that I found it. Smile
I have a VW Passat B8 made in 2015 with Discover Media navigation system and a Huawei P10 mobile with the latest Waze installed. They are connected via BlueTooth. Whatever settings I have tried I could not make them work together in such a way that I would hear the voice of Waze through the car speakers while music is played on the radio. This functionality works with the same car and the iPhone of my son, but I have P10 which is Android.
Could somebody help me with the required settings? Is what I want possible at all? Thank you for your support in advance. Please use simple wording, so that even I can understand. Laughing
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Android WAZE on car speakers Reply with quote

tgyapa wrote:
Dear All,
I am new to this forum but glad that I found it. Smile
I have a VW Passat B8 made in 2015 with Discover Media navigation system and a Huawei P10 mobile with the latest Waze installed. They are connected via BlueTooth. Whatever settings I have tried I could not make them work together in such a way that I would hear the voice of Waze through the car speakers while music is played on the radio. This functionality works with the same car and the iPhone of my son, but I have P10 which is Android.
Could somebody help me with the required settings? Is what I want possible at all? Thank you for your support in advance. Please use simple wording, so that even I can understand. Laughing

You can't listen to bluetooth audio at the same time as the radio for the same reason you can't listen to a CD while you have the radio on. You would need to change the stereo to use the BT/aux input rather than the radio.

The only way it could work would be if Waze had an option to use 'handsfree bluetooth' as an audio output option. We have this feature in CamerAlert so it is technically possible.

The stereo would then treat any app audio as being a telephone call and would override the current source on the stereo.

MaFt
AliOnHols
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bit of a faff but could you not play the radio on your phone as well as running Waze?

In case you don't have enough data allowance, it may be possible to download an FM radio app which uses wired ear phones as the aerial.
And then Bluetooth shall pick up both.
SatMap Active 10 & 20.
pcaouolte
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The IOS version of Waze has the option: Settings - Voice & Sound - Sound - Play Sound via - Play as Bluetooth phone call. If the Android version has a similar setting it should allow Waze to interrupt the radio to make it's announcements.
tgyapa
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:27 am    Post subject: Android WAZE on car speakers Reply with quote

Thank you all for your quick responses and explanations.
It seems Waze developers are not interested in offering handsfree bluetooth functionality for Android users. Sad Since my phone is a company phone with limited data allowance and no built-in radio receiver, I'm afraid I have no other options for the time being than use Waze on my phone with max. volume while listening to the car stereo with volume set to reasonably low and keep hoping that Waze developers "wake-up" and implement the missing feature. Thank you all again for taking the time to answer.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could try a 3rd party app like BTmono or BTHeadSet to force the audio to BT Headset?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bedoig.BTmono

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.AngelOfMors.BTHeadSet
tgyapa
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:58 pm    Post subject: Android WAZE on car speakers Reply with quote

Thank you MaFt for the hints. I will give these apps a try. Can't lose anything, can I? Smile Will let you (and others who might read this) know the results.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: