Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - iOS 11 App v2.0.1 GPS Setting Issue
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

iOS 11 App v2.0.1 GPS Setting Issue
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Apple Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DavidIr
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:42 am    Post subject: iOS 11 App v2.0.1 GPS Setting Issue Reply with quote

I know there are quite a lot of reports of this in other threads, but thought it would be a good idea to create a discrete topic for all the reports.

My device is an iPhone 7. I initially installed v2.0.1 of the app on iOS 10.3.3 and it worked with no issues and the GPS settings in iOS allowed "Always" and "Never".

I have since updated to iOS 11 and am seeing the same as other users. The iOS GPS settings only offer "Never".
CAS_0414105435
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:48 am    Post subject: Re: iOS 11 App v2.0.1 GPS Setting Issue Reply with quote

DavidIr wrote:
I know there are quite a lot of reports of this in other threads, but thought it would be a good idea to create a discrete topic for all the reports.

My device is an iPhone 7. I initially installed v2.0.1 of the app on iOS 10.3.3 and it worked with no issues and the GPS settings in iOS allowed "Always" and "Never".
I have since updated to iOS 11 and am seeing the same as other users. The iOS GPS settings only offer "Never".

Same problem, won’t access the phones gps/location services on my iPhone 6s running iOS 11, so camera alert will not work on my phone with this new software release. When can we expect a functioning version??
Onedrew
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:20 pm    Post subject: Never, again Reply with quote

Exactly the same problem with iPhone 6S. In Location Services the only option for CamerAlert is “Never” and this is unticked. If I tick Never and quit and then go back in, the Always and When using options now appear. However, after ticking Always, CamerAlert doesn’t work and checking LocServs again the Never cycle begins again.

It would be great to get a response, but won’t hold my breath based on recent response times. Time to dig out the old Garmin and hope for a fix (sorry)
ttrevor
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The owners of CamerAlert are well aware of the problem and are working on the bug and should be up and running shortly ,
Iphone x 64gb IOS 11.3.1 / IPhone 6 Plus 32gb IOS 12 beta /Volkswagen Scirocco R 280 bhp /Suzuki Vitara swb vvt+ /Suzuki Jimny special/running Apple Mac Mini / Apple air/ iPhone x /6 plus navigation / Apple car-play
Onedrew
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:54 pm    Post subject: ttrevor reply Reply with quote

That’s good news, ttrevor. For the sake of the rest of us, can you give us any more info? Have you heard from anyone? It’s quite a big deal for me and the comms around these issues can be less than optimal.
ttrevor
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ,as you are well aware they have had problems getting the app passed by wonderful Apple it has been passed and released but a few bugs remain but will be sorted as soon as possible have faith these guys no what they are doing
Iphone x 64gb IOS 11.3.1 / IPhone 6 Plus 32gb IOS 12 beta /Volkswagen Scirocco R 280 bhp /Suzuki Vitara swb vvt+ /Suzuki Jimny special/running Apple Mac Mini / Apple air/ iPhone x /6 plus navigation / Apple car-play
Onedrew
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:30 pm    Post subject: ttrevor info Reply with quote

Still not clear how close this info is to the horse’s mouth. Can you be clear about the source or tell us if you are speaking directly for pocketgpsworld?
ttrevor
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have a look through the existing post you will keep up to date as what is happening
ttrevor
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:43 am Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you. I know many of you will be, rightfully, seething about this and I felt quite sick when I discovered the issue earlier.

We've had so many issues with Apple refusing our previous attempts to get app app updates approved (they had decided that our speed cam app was bad even though many others were OK) and threatened to pull the app entirely. That was why we added the MPH/KPH conversion table to assuage them.

So we were over the moon to get this update approved uncontested. That'll teach us to count our chickens.

Right, let's get this bug crushed.
Onedrew
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:15 pm    Post subject: Never problem Reply with quote

This link should take anyone interested to the latest announcements from Darren

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=96867&start=150&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=
DavidIr
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a link to the post from Darren Griffin

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=633700#633700
ttrevor
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done!!! Rolling Eyes
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know what the rolleyes is all about as a link to the message is much better than a random quote from it. Rolling Eyes
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M8TJT wrote:
Don't know what the rolleyes is all about ttrevor as a link to the message is much better than a random quote from it. Rolling Eyes
Onedrew
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree. Found it by Googling phrase from ttrevor’s quote, which was helpful. Exected to find it in something from this year referring to IOS11 at least, not on page 11 of something started yonks ago. Glad we got there in the end and anyone caught in this thread can get out of it.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Apple Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: