Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Camera marked with red cross
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Camera marked with red cross
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@MaFt. Are you onto this one?
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like a reversible Truvelo then.

Best way is to change it on the submission map to reversible so MaFt picks it up next Wednesday.

@b33, if you are using stock CSV via POILoader then cameras are often not announced if you are under the limit and not accelerating.
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
b33jay
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kremmen wrote:
It sounds like a reversible Truvelo then.

Best way is to change it on the submission map to reversible so MaFt picks it up next Wednesday.

@b33, if you are using stock CSV via POILoader then cameras are often not announced if you are under the limit and not accelerating.

I had realised that is probably why the speed difference created a voice warning for the fixed camera. It seems that the close proximity of two conflicting sources is unusual.

Reversible operation makes sense as although there is nothing beyond the Academy car park entrance/exit eastbound and NSL start 200 metres beyond it covers traffic entering and lesving the school.

Many thanks to those who commented. I have learned to increase scale to separate possible overlapping cameras and to check the visual indication as well as the audio warning but, more importantly, the camera is updated.
Daggers
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sussamb wrote:
Depends which Truvelo, original ones were forward facing only. If that one has been there for a while it will be forward facing.

Depends what you mean by "for a while". The reversible ones have been around for at least 10 years, as I know to my cost. We should not be referring to Truvelos as "forward-facing". See this thread: http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=57093&highlight=truvelo
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

b33jay wrote:
It seems that the close proximity of two conflicting sources is unusual.
You do not have two cams in close proximity.
The ones with the red cross on the submission map are not in the camera database download.
The reason that they are shown is so that you can easily see if they were in the database in the past and use that to submit a 'seen again' which will 'revive' the cam and make it active again in the next updated download.

If you are using the 'standard' POILoader download, the Garmin will queue alerts so, in the case of two cams close to each other, you will get alerts one for each camera and if you are a little over the speed limit you get 4. This can be a pain on a motorway with cams on both carriageways on the same gantry.

If you use Kremmen's CSV to GPX converter, you will have not only proper voice spoken alerts, but it will also get rid of the multiple alerts from adjacent cams (amongst other things)
sussamb
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daggers wrote:
sussamb wrote:
Depends which Truvelo, original ones were forward facing only. If that one has been there for a while it will be forward facing.

Depends what you mean by "for a while". The reversible ones have been around for at least 10 years, as I know to my cost. We should not be referring to Truvelos as "forward-facing". See this thread: http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=57093&highlight=truvelo

Yes, cameras can be reversible but that doesn't make them rear facing cameras, just forward facing ones pointing in a different direction. As far as I know the Truvelo cameras that are both rear and forward facing were introduced in 2013.

https://www.speedcamerasuk.com/truvelo-d-cam.htm
Daggers
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can assure you this one was used as a rear-facing camera. I saw the photograph which snapped me in 2007. ... And I wasn't reversing!!
sussamb
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then I must be wrong Wink

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: